Nursery. Honest opinions please

Amanda

Reaction score
DH has chosen the design he wants the nursery done in. To be honest, I'm not that bothered as I didn't get a chance to do one for my daughter (we didn't move into our house until she was 3 months old and had no money to decorate), so anything looks great to me!!!

I did, however, fall in love with the cotbed in this range. I put a post somewhere else that I didn't want a plain pine cot, and this one is georgeous!!

Can you please let me know your honest opinions for this. We are looking at getting:
Cotbed
Stickarounds and border (on plain cream walls)
Nappy Stacker
Uplighter
Curtains (I love the tie-backs!!)
Comforter
Rocker Chair
Cot Toy
Cot Mobile
Duvet Cover (for when baby is older and is in the bed)
Thermomoter
Changing Mat

We will then get a cream canvas wardrobe thingy as it is only a box room.

Do you think it's too cute, if you know what I mean!!? :? :lol:

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/SearchResults.aspx?kw=i love my bear&zone=Bru

are you not going to be finding out the sex??

i really like the range i was going to get it first time i was preg as i was going for the cream look as didnt no the sex but i just thought the blue colour made it look a bit boyish...

but i think its lovely i got the stick arounds border in the other range at babies r us they look great http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Category.aspx/ ... BruNursery

i love the cot too its beautiful

i just got this cot of ebay £40 mamas and papas its second hand but in great condition (money aint great at the mo)
mp-scoot-cot1.jpg

tankett i love it hun its lovely :D :D :D
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dionne, we are hoping to find out the sex, but even when we do I don't want to buy steriotypical (sp?) blue for boy or pink for girl. That's why I liked this range, I thought it was neutral. I don't think that the blue makes it look boyish, funnily enough. I think it's more of an aqua colour and that seems pretty in the middle. :? I love your cot BTW, what a bargain!!! :D

Saying that, my friend had a little girl a couple of weeks ago, and I went straight out and bought her a pink babygrow!!! :doh:

lol sorry but its the worst thing about me my daughter is pink from top to bottom

the nursery theme is beautiful thou i love it. i think it is quite resonable too. i done my daughters room in millie and boris mamas and papas its so expensive
http://www.mamasandpapas.com/range.php?id=16

Hi Tankett,

I think your nursery ideas are great thought I would attach this link though as I have a small box room and wanted a wardrobe which did even thing from hanging to draws to shelves and found this white wash wardrobe for £85.00 plus free delivery, definitly recomend them they delivered within a week flat pack easy to put together as well.

Thought it may help as I looked at the material wardobes but felt it would last and I didnt have the money to replace it.

It is the link where I brought it but you can access his shop from there if you want too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Napoli-Solid-Pine ... dZViewItem

One side is hanging (my partner said he would put in an additional hanging rail half way down if needed and the other half is shelving and draws. the panels at the front is Plastic as such not glass.

Only a suggestion

Sarah

the wardrobe is lovely will go nice with the little bear theme

Tankett.. looks fab!!! really lovely and yes very cute !!!!

Will be lovely whether boy or a girl :wink:

It sounds gorgeous Tankett.

Perfect for a boy/girl. I'm biased because ours is based on a similar colour scheme. It can stay like that till the little un is a bit older and wants to choose a colour - within reason.

I love this range.... I am getting some bits from it too... thinking of mix and matching with the other cream ranges I have seen.... but I will be hopefully having aqua walls like dionne....

Gotta get a house with 2 bedrooms first though :lol: I am still looking!! xxxxxxx

HEY KEELY, ITS CALLED BABY BLUE IN THE ONE COAT RANGE FROM B&Q

:) GLAD U LIKE IT, IL UPDATE MY PICS WHEN ITS DONE

thanks Dionne... I'll write that down now so I dont forget!!! xxxx

Thanks for the replies. I have dropped the catalogue at my parents this morning as they want to buy us some things, so it definitely looks like this will be it.

Sarah, I love that wardrobe!! Just the sort of thing I was looking for, thanks for the link. :D

braydon has a black out blind and curtains, but without a blackout blind a lot of light still gets in his room at day times
dont know if ne one else has found this

I had blackout blinds when my daughter was little, and this one will definitely have them. She didn't sleep much in the day anyway, but I found them a godsend when putting her to bed at 6.30pm in the summer.

:shock: OI TANKETT!!!!!

You've picked the same as us!!!! :lol:

You obviously have good taste! :wink: :lol:

We went in the shop to look how blue the stars were 'cos I was worried about it being too blue, but it's more aqua, it's so cute. We've bought a few bits already and I'm picking up the moses basket this week!!!

It's so exciting buying all the nursery bits isn't it!!?? :dance:

xxx

Yay!! Great taste Sam!!! :D :D :clap:

I've not bought anything yet as we're not really sure if we're moving before baby is born, but it's nice picking it! :D My grandma wants to buy the cot, and my parents also want to buy something, although I'm not sure what, so no doubt things will be bought now we've chosen it.

I can't wait because I didn't get the chance with my daughter. What are you doing about the floor Sam? I see a lot of people opting for floorboards or laminate, but I still like carpets in bedrooms, so just a plain beige one should do.

We'll have to compare photos!! :lol:

I agree with you on the carpets in bedrooms thing. It's far too cold in a morning to step onto laminate or wood. (unless your pos with underfloor heating!)
I'll definately be going for a beige colour carpet, I want to get a really thick one so it will last for a good while.

As you know though, we are moving too (maybe as soon as 4 weeks! eekkk!), so we won't be able to decorate until the last minute as the house won't be ready till August. (they say August, but it's been july an sept aswell so I'm not holding my breath! :roll: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back