Buying 2nd hand baby things

Tillytots

Reaction score
Grrrrrrr

I bought a second hand Avent Express Bottle & Babyfood warmer on ebay for a £10, under the pretence it was new and never been used. This morning I recieve it actually days after I paid for it and it has clearly been used. It is scratched to pieces, has paint on it?! and has chalk marks on the inside from water. Im well pee'd off. I have left crappy feedback but Im still not happy. Should I ask to return it?

x

aww hun that sucks. did it say new or like new on the advert for it?
manda xx

It said never been used and so I emailed him before bidding to ask if it was definately new and unused and he said yes! lying ******* :evil:

xx

what a poo hole saying its new when it aint.
will you send it back i would if the damage is pretty bad as a tenna is alot of money.
if it might look ok after a wash down then keep hold of it :)
manda xx

I dont mind buying something used, its just the fact that he lied about it and I gave my money to him :evil: The element in the bottom is covered in something too. Ive asked him for a refund. Id rather gove my money to someone else. It took bloody ages to come as well. I paid 5 days ago.

Im not feeling very well today and anything is getting to me :roll:

x

If it was advertised as new, then I'd ask for a refund as its clearly not.

I have never used one when looking after babies, always used either a bowl of hot water or some such. Some Mum's have also used their microwave to warm formula and zap it for a very short time, shake it, check the temp and are away. I was a bit worried about doing this in the beginning, but the timing was clear and could always be cooled down before feeding.

I'm curious as to how people find this product. I am trying to do without too many gadgets where baby is concerned as I worry my life will become enslaved to technology. I hope to use more old fashioned methods :roll: I think I have only a couple of concessions so far and that will be a bottle steriliser of some sort and maybe a breast pump for milk, so hubby can help feed.

I doubt Il even ever use it tbh...Im hoping to breastfeed :lol:

but he still lied and thats why Ive got the hump. I prob wont even buy another one after I get my refund now you mentiuoned the hot water...I forgot all about that :wall: dummy arent I! :lol:

xx

id report it to ebay if he doesnt give a refund....hes breached there rules.
hope you get it sorted

I'd try and get a refund if he lied. £10 is a lot of money for a used bottle warmer when you can pick up brand new one's on the high street for £20.

To be honest bottle warmers aren't any faster at heating up than the old jug of boiled water. The only advantage is it saves dragging the kettle upstairs for the night feeds

I agree with Sarah&LJ you should speak to ebay if he gives you any problems.

I would go mental too hun I hate liars!!!

Hope you get it sorted out xx

I'd get a refund, and if he refuses complain to ebay as item wasn't as described. Did you pay via paypal? Cos I think you can claim back your money via ebay/paypal if he won't pay it back.

I hadn't thought of a bottle warmer, i was going for the microwave/hot water. Save your money :)

thanks for your replies girls :hug:

I paid through paypal so hopefully Il get a refund :)

x

Definitely do a paypal chargeback! Ebay itself wont do anything, they will tell you to sort it out with the seller. Ask teh seller to refund, if they refuse, go to the paypal payment, and do a claim for item not as described. They will take the money from teh seller and give you a refund

Oooo cool! so what do I do with the item if I do paypal chargeback? Do I send the item back to the seller? sorry for being dumb x

definately go for a refund you are entitled to one as he listed it as new when it clearly wasn't! This is why I hate ebay sometimes

id mail the seller sayin ur not happy and you want a refund

if he dont play ball report him to ebay/paypal

good luck x

Tillytots said:
Oooo cool! so what do I do with the item if I do paypal chargeback? Do I send the item back to the seller? sorry for being dumb x

Paypal will tell you what to do, and when. Start teh dispute ASAp, and escalate it to a claim straiht away

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back