Bump shape & Gender???

Buttons8

Reaction score
I am constantly getting comments on the shape of my bump, which is very low and to the front. The only thing is about half say this means its a girl and about half say it must be a boy :x
As far as i remember my last 3 pregnancies were similar shape and all resulted in girls!!!
Just wondering if everyone else is getting these comments? Is there any truth in it? Does the shape of your bump have any bearing on the sex of the baby???

My bump is quite round and high up but I also carry weight all around (especially on my bum!!) and bubba is a boy!!!!! (sorry for excess exclamation points I'm still very excited about him!!!)

My bump is quite round and high up but I also carry weight all around (especially on my bum!!) and bubba is a boy!!!!! (sorry for excess exclamation points I'm still very excited about him!!!)

Were you a similar shape with your little girl?

See now Helen , if that was the shape of my bump, that would be a girl!
If you can see weight from the back , round the sides and hugher bump - then for me a girl and boys for me was like I had accidently fallen and impailed myself onto a bowling ball, with no sign of pregnancy from back.

I think each women carrys boys and girls different, but not always the same as each other as we are all different shapes.

Do you have any photos of your bump in last pregnancys button ? If this feels no different maybee another girl?

Last edited:
I always got told girls carry around but with DD I was all out front!! Can't remember if I was high or low though! This one I haven't got a proper bump yet but I'm looking more around! Will find out what I'm having in 2 weeks :D

See now Helen , if that was the shape of my bump, that would be a girl!
If you can see weight from the back , round the sides and hugher bump - then for me a girl and boys for me was like I had accidently fallen and impailed myself onto a bowling ball, with no sign of pregnancy from back.

I think each women carrys boys and girls different, but not always the same as each other as we are all different shapes.

Do you have any photos of your bump in last pregnancys button ? If this feels no different maybee another girl?

i was the same jj mum. will my daughter all around the sides hips, bum etc and with my son a big sticking out football belly x

I was always told to look to how your mother carried her kids! My mum had me and was all out front and with my 2 brothers she swelled up like a barrel (Poor woman, she was HUGE! LOL) so if I follow in her pattern I'm due a girl! x x

I have a really neat small bump thats all front and everyones said that theres no way its a boy and i am having a girl so it always makes me smile :) x

i have a very high neat bump really small everyone thought i was having a girl i believed myself i was having a girl until i went for my scan and im having a wee boy hehe. All the old wives tales matched to me having a girl but turned out a little boy:whistle:

my last two bumps were all front like bowling balls and they were both girls, my friend carried the same with her two boys, i think it depends on the person.

Were you a similar shape with your little girl?

Yeah I was very similar shape except I have more of a bump at 20 weeks than I did this time with my daughter but I put that down to it being 2nd (hopefully) full term and 3rd pregnancy x

My bump is all front and low and a boy, my colleague at work was round and showed from the back and she had a girl. Everyone thinks im having a girl because of my 'shape' but they're wrong!!

I think its different for everyone or maybe just the way the baby lies perhaps??

I did all those gender prediction things and they all said boy though spooky :)

my mum was all front, she was massive but you couldnt tell from behind she was pregnant, 4 pregnancies all the same, we where all girls.. Im carrying all around, nothing like my mum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back