Brown spotting has turned red...

bethanyann

Reaction score
When I went to the toilet this morning, I had some red spotting. Again, only a tiny amount, but I'm so worried!! I rang NHS direct and the woman just said there's nothing you can do, it's 50-50, you might go on and have this baby or you might be miscarrying it. Just try to relax. Well THANKS, but it's a bit hard to relax after hearing that! She said not to go to the hospital, because as I don't have stomach cramps they won't find it serious enough to do a scan, and to just go to gp on Mon if it doesn't stop. So stressed and worried :-(

Hopefully it is nothing , and just a bit of movement inside
How far pregnant are you? Is it around the time of a period, if you were not pregnant as some women do get some slight period like symptoms during these times and it's norma, but if you keep having it over weekend (red), I would def just pop in to a EPU and say you hadn't rang the NHS direct! XX

i had the same lovely but the other way around started red turning browm!! when its was red it was bright and such a worry but only when i wiped!! i also rung nhs direct and they forward my details too the out of hours doctor who told me to ring epu which is a pain for you as i think they only open mon-fri??
i had to wait a week too see someone and i cant explain how worrying it is!! all i would say is just rest as much as possible and i would go to a and e if you did get really worried!! i was told as long as it didnt get heavy and no cramps not too worry easier said than done

thinking of you xxxx

Sorry to hear you are so worried. If its just spotting and you're not having strong af type cramps then it could just be one of those worrying moments that doesn't mean anything - thats what I got told when I had some spotting the other week. Hope it stops quickly!

Thank you so much ladies. The spotting turned brown quite quickly and i've not had any since about 11.30, so really really hoping that it's nothing to worry about. Trying to just rest lots. JJ's Mum - I'm 8+1 at the minute, so guess this would be about the time I'd be due on my period - reassuring to hear that it's quite normal around this time. Louise - so, so glad everything is okay with your little bub. I think half of what is putting me off going to EPU/A&E is the thought of having to wait for ages, I have no idea how you did it!!! Not being in control of this situation stresses me out! Lol. Thanks Frankie, no not having cramps, n it's only when I wipe at the moment, feel a bit more reassured now, thank you :) xxxx

:hug: Hope everything's ok. As JJ Mum said, bleeding at around the time you would normally have your period is quite common x

i had bright red blood and went to accident and emergency and seen the doctor as it was friday they couldnt scan me which was pretty upsetting really. I had to wait until monday to get scanned but everything was fine i think i had bleeding as it was the time of the month my period is due. I wouldnt worry i would take it easy and rest up and do nothing.. all the best x x x x x x

Last edited:
just thought id let you know my lil story i had bright red blood 3 times on my last pg but it wasnt just a little it gushed and lots of it went straight to ane but had to wait till monday to have a scan but all was ok each time it happened but my lil boy is a healthy happy 2 year old hope this helps

Glad it's calmed down, hope everything is ok :hug:

glad its calmed down, last month on my AF due date I had blood for half a day at the time i thought it was my period since finding out im PG ive realised it was implantation bleeding so nothing to worry about its probably one of those things our terrors love to put us through just to let us know theyre there lol baby bumps seem to love attention and making us worry :)

exact same happened to me. had brown spotting for a few days then one afternoob it was bright red and not spotting, it was enough to fill my knickers. then it slowed down and turned back to brown, then it became quite watery and brown and then after TWO WEEKS(!!!!) it finally stopped. This was from about 5 weeks to 7 weeks. I was convinced it had been a miscarriage, although looking back there wasn't enough spotting to even really need a pad, it was just there when I wiped, apart from the day when it was red. Went for an early scan at seven weeks and clearly saw a tiny little blob .with a heartbeat. As I'm typing this now, I am 20 weeks gone and Bam Bam is giving me a few little kicks to try nad get the lap top away from him!! Hee hee. sure it will all be fine, try not to panick. It's much more common than you think

Thanks so much everyone, feel so much reassured after reading all your replies and about your own experiences! Not had any red spotting since sat morning, and no brown spotting since sun lunch time, so fingers are firmly crossed that all is okay!!! Thanks again everyone :) xxx

glad you havent had anything since! looking good :)xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back