So upset. Spotting gone really heavy now

Aw Hun I'm so sorry! :hugs:
I am in the same boat as you and having bleeds on and off. My little bean is still going strong so at leas you know it doesn't always end in doom and gloom. I really hope it eases for you. I have found going to bed and lying on my left side really slows the bleed down and it does stop. X

Ah, I know you've had issues too hon and your bean is good, so I'm trying to take strength from posiitve stories like yours, but it's just the not knowing for sure and the what if's... I'm sure you know what it;s like. I just gotta hang in there... xxxxxxxxxxxx

hi chick

so sorry this has happened to you. I had a very very heavy bleed at week 4. i didnt know i was pregnant at the time but i was filling 2 pads a hour for 6 hours. ive been spotting constantly since, my sac is still there ang my hgc is rising rapidly, (47000 6 +3days) and my sac survived. fair enough ive not seen hb but im not too far along yet son not too worried. dont worry. stress wont do your baby or you any good! get your feet up and call the hospital if this persists of gets heavier. ill say a prayer for you xxxx

Sorry to hear you're having issues too, but sounds like you're being positive about it. My bleed wasn't as heavy as yours, but if your hcg levels are still rising, maybe all isn't lost for me either... Are you getting a scan soon hon? Hope things turn out ok for you too :hugs:xxxx

Hi sweetie,

Glad things have eased a little today.

I would def ask the GP to have your hCG tested. You need two tests 48 hours apart for a proper reading. I am sure that will come back fine and then maybe book another scan (private or via EPU) for in a weeks time or so?

Tri 1 is hard enough without all this going on and I really feel for you.

When I was being treated for my first m/c (which was threatened to begin with BUT no HB was ever detected at any stage!) I did ask about resting and the consultant told me to carry on as normal as resting will make no difference.

Your situation is totally different and you have seen HB so I am sure everything is OK but that was the advice I was given on on resting - obviously don't do too much but you should be fine to get on with day to day stuff.

xxxxxxxxxxx

I think if youve just had a scan, they probably wont do another one so soon.

Oh so sorry hun i think ur bean is absolutely fine why dont u talk to ur dr ? Take care hun xxx

Sorry to see this hun :-( id say ur hcg levels are more important o check over 48 hours rather than another scan lovely x so you can see there is no drop x i hope you can see some one soon big hugs hunny

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

Hi Ceebee, just seen this. Sounds like the advice given to pop along to a&e is good, it'll put your mind at rest. x

Thanks for the advice girls :) I will try and gt ta doc ap for tomorrow and get a blood test done and then a follow up in 48 hours time.... I think you're right about the scan - don't think they'll send me for one so soon after. When I go back for the 2nd blood test, I will try and ask for one then and if not, am booking private one...

Carnat - thanks for the advice about resting. You can't stop your life can you? I will just try and do things gently and as little as possible...

Even tho' the spotting is still there today, it's not as bad touch wood, so I'm feeling a bit more hopeful today.... It's just a wait and pray game now I guess...

Thanks again xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Oh no! :( Sorry to hear you're having this trouble. You've been given really good advice and reassurance from people who know a lot more than me, so I'll just offer some hugs and positive thoughts. :hugs:m I'm glad you went out in the sunshine today.

It's so hard at the moment, being in this early stage where we have few signs to reassure us. I haven't had any spotting, but I don't think I would even if there was something wrong as I'm supplementing progesterone because of the IVF. I worry about silly stuff, like if I sneeze too hard. If you can afford the private scan, thats what I would do.

I hope the roller coaster ride levels out a bit soon xxx

Oh no! :( Sorry to hear you're having this trouble. You've been given really good advice and reassurance from people who know a lot more than me, so I'll just offer some hugs and positive thoughts. :hugs:m I'm glad you went out in the sunshine today.

It's so hard at the moment, being in this early stage where we have few signs to reassure us. I haven't had any spotting, but I don't think I would even if there was something wrong as I'm supplementing progesterone because of the IVF. I worry about silly stuff, like if I sneeze too hard. If you can afford the private scan, thats what I would do.

I hope the roller coaster ride levels out a bit soon xxx

Thanks honey - hopefully we'll get through this stressful time and come out smiling :) Really glad the IVF worked for you anyway xxxxx

On thursday night i was in bed i saw that there was fresh blood on the sheets, at first i thought it was from my partner and that he had just cut his self,but i went to the loo went for a wee and when i wiped There was bright red blood.. I cried. It seem to get heavier and was even drippin in the toilet, all i could think was its over i know spotting is common but i didnt think a bleed was, so rung emergancy doctors and was told to go straight to and a and e, so after sat there for four long hours i finally saw an insensitive doctor who was going on about miscarriage, i could of killed him, he told me to go straight to a and e in the morning the wait felt like a lifetime but after a scan all was well and told it was just a bleed from my cervix and it was nothing to do with baby, i know what your going through right now and i know how scary it can be, get yourself to doctors and rest in the mean time, bleeding doesnt always mean bad things,and they might give you another scan i had two a week apart x

Oh dear hun. I just noticed this thread. Have faith. I had 2 or 3 spells of bleeding in tri 1 - sometimes bright red, which was horrible, but, touch wood, everything is fine.

I'm keeping everything crossed everything is well. Your little bean is a tough cookie - it'll be getting on with it, getting big and strong! Xxxxxx

Hi ladies - just an update...

Saw my doc this morning and thankfully I'm booked in for another scan this Thursday morning,so not as long to wait as I feared. Still feeling quite scared, but trying to remain as hopeful as I can as I haven't had any more heavy spotting since Saturday - just a bit dark brown spotting, which is less worrying anyway....

Just going to have to hold tight and pray it's just one of those things. I'll let you know how I get on... xxxxxx

Last edited:
On thursday night i was in bed i saw that there was fresh blood on the sheets, at first i thought it was from my partner and that he had just cut his self,but i went to the loo went for a wee and when i wiped There was bright red blood.. I cried. It seem to get heavier and was even drippin in the toilet, all i could think was its over i know spotting is common but i didnt think a bleed was, so rung emergancy doctors and was told to go straight to and a and e, so after sat there for four long hours i finally saw an insensitive doctor who was going on about miscarriage, i could of killed him, he told me to go straight to a and e in the morning the wait felt like a lifetime but after a scan all was well and told it was just a bleed from my cervix and it was nothing to do with baby, i know what your going through right now and i know how scary it can be, get yourself to doctors and rest in the mean time, bleeding doesnt always mean bad things,and they might give you another scan i had two a week apart x

Oh elliesmum, that sounds horrendous - you must've been crapping yourself. God, will this worry never end?! Sorry about the insensitive doc - I've had a run in with a couple of those recently, but so glad all is ok for you :)

I'll keep you all posted about my scan on Thursday... xxxx

Last edited:
Ceebee - I'm so glad they're sending you for another scan, I'm sure everything is fine but only a scan can make you believe that! Sounds like you have a good EPU. Will be watching out for your update on thurs!

elliesmum- omg that sounds frightening hun, so glad you're okay!

These little babies are scaring the life out of us all already, I can't even imagine what its like when they are here! We will never know a moments peace even when they turn 18 lol, but it will all be so worth it xxx

Last edited:
God, that's so true ams. What have we let ourselves in for lol??:shock: No, I'm sure they'll be worth every worry line they give us :D xxxxxxxxxx

I really hope all is ok hun :hugs: Trust me the worry doesn't stop once they're here either, but it does get easier as they get older :) x x

Good news! Not long to wait until Thursday and good that the heavy spotting has gone xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back