Brown blood

nicola200

Reaction score
Hi,

I experienced a bleed and now for nearly two weeks (sorry about the mingin details) :puke: I have had brown/black/grey stringy blood constantly everyday since. Everything turned out ok with baby after the bleed and I know brown is supposed to be OK, but I'm really getting fed up with this brown stuff and was wondering if anyone has experienced this and when did it eventually go away?

Cheers
Nicola x

Ive had this all the way. Was worried at first but by the time I got to nearly 13 weeks, had scan, told everything was fine and to expect it to carry on was just fed up! :( It did actually stop for about a week but started again yesterday so I just asked to be squeezed in to see the midwife (luckily this is their local surgery day) so that I could hear babies heartbeat to set my mind at rest and save going for another scan as feel like a bit of a pain...................so yea, hoping that it will eventually stop but just glad alls well with baby :) ...........p.s. how far r u?

I had two really big bleeds at 6 and 7 weeks, red with clots, really freaked me out. Had a scan and all was ok. I then had brown blood on several occassions. This stopped at about 14 weeks.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I will be 18 weeks in a couple of days.

x

I think my first bleed was at about 8 weeks, this was like you describe, a kind of brown dark blood, the sort they say is old and not to worry about. At 12 weeks I woke up in a flood of blood, I thought that was the end and headed straight to the hospital. The scan showed no reason for the blood and I was told to rest. Which I did but the brown blood continued to show everyday. It then stopped for a few days which was such a relief but then at about 15 or 16 weeks once again I woke up covered in bright red blood, we went to A&E and I was admitted. We had a day on a ward most of which was waiting for a scan, it was hard because the ward I was on is next door to the labour ward and there were babies everywhere. But once again the scan showed a healthy heartbeat and eventually after blood tests and an internal examination I was allowed to go home. The bleeding was lighter but when I was still bleeding several days later and I had a large clot come away I went back to the ward. Again to our joy the baby was ok, a bit sleepy but ok! After several hours in the hospital I decided I wanted to go home and rest there, it was easier to sleep in my own bed!
Anyway I'm getting to my point!!
After a couple of days of very light brown blood it stopped, I had spent the whole week in bed doing absolutely nothing. My partner made me packed lunches before he went to work and I only showered with him around because I'd been feeling faint. The good news is I havent seen a drop since!
I think that for some people its just the way it is, the Dr cant say why it happened, apparently its something that happens for alsorts of reasons that arent harmful to the baby. I hope that for your sake it goes away because I know how horrible it is, perhaps taking some time out and getting some serious rest will help you too? Anything is worth a try

Hi MaryLouise,

Thanks for that, what you experienced sounds just like what I am. I'm just a bit fed up being constantly told to go to pre-natal asses ASAP feeling like a total hypercondriac then being told "Everything is fine, we don't know what's causing it but it's not putting baby in any distress, if it happens again come straight back". I'd be there every day if I done that. :wall:

I'm just so glad baby is fine and suppose I'll just have to put up with it, I thought my days of buying sanitary pads were over for a while :roll:. I think you may be right, I should take some time out, annual leave from work it is then. :clap: :)

x

Hi nicola, glad your bubs is doing well :cheer: Sorry I have no advice about your brown blood but just wanted to say hope it stops soon for you :hug:

nicola,
take time out like I said and try to put it to the back of your mind, hopefully not stressing about things will help it to stop. The good news is that it sounds like its old blood so although its a pain (and buying sanitry towels is too), it probably will work its way out of your system eventually. I think because I decided to stay at home and not rush to the hospital anymore definately helped. We also made an investment in a dopler so that if I did bleed I could check the heartbeat myself which really put my mind at rest.
Having that reassurance was important for me and to be honest thats all the hospital could do when I went in, was to reassure me, so it made sense to have access to this at home. I hope it settles down soon xx

Hi nicola, I just wanted to ask how your feeling? have you managed some rest time? I hope things are better now :hug:

Hi :wave:

Thanks again for your replies. I havn't managed to book some time off yet as manager is on holiday and we are very short staffed at work. I'm still having a considerable amount of the brown disgusting stuff everyday, but today it was quite heavy and cloted together :puke:(sorry if TMI).

I think I might make an appointment to see the doc as this is really starting to get me down. I was wonderng if anyone knows if you can get brown blood clots and what do these look like?

I hope everyone is having a good, comfortable pregnancy and I thank you again for all your advice and support. :) :)

Nicola x

Sorry if this isnt much help, but brown blood means old blood, red blood is fresh and new, so it may be that your bleed was a few weeks ago and its only just comeing out now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back