How much energy do you use?

nickilubs

Reaction score
Okay with all these rises in Gas and Electric I was wondering on average what you actually use? Me and my OH are really aware of the amount of electric we use up but I still think our bills are high. Usually £200 per quarter heres what we use---

Daily....
2 Laptops on most of the day (using 2 plugs)
Broadband plugged in for same as laptops
Microwave twice a day for 6 mins for sterilizing
Kettle boiled about 6 times a day (only ever boil the amount we will use)
Fridge and Freezer running all the time

Weekly....
Boiler on for 1 1/2 hours each week for a hot bath. (we have cold showers the rest of the time....sad but a hot bath or shower is a treat!)

We only switch lights on in rooms that we are going into never have the sitting room light on which is the room we use the most, light are only used for the time we are in a room or hallway always switched off when going out of the room. All plugs are switched off at the mains as soon as they have been used nothings ever left on standby. We don't have heaters but when It does get colder we will use hallogen ones just in the room we are in.

So thats about it I think, I think that for the little electric we use our bill is pretty high but I could be wrong. What does everyone else use?

Apparently our gas and electril bill is £90 per month (dual fuel)

so yours does seem rather high just for electric :?

In the summer our bills for electric are around £250 per quarter. Winter about £100 more. We don't have gas in our place so everything (heating, water, cooking etc) is all electric. We have stupidly high ceilings (over 3m) as well so it takes more to heat our place when the heating is on.

this is quite interesting, it has made me sit and think about what we use on a daily basis..

Comp on 10am-7pm,
shower 2xs a day
Hifi on most day
small lamp maybe an hour day in day time
then 2 small lamps in evening
TV only on couple hours in the evening
Fridge and Freezer again running all the time
and kettle is on a few times a day

Our electic bill is round £40-50 a month, I think cornwall is quite high though, I know we have the highest water rates in the country

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back