British Cooked Ham

jennilisanne

Reaction score
Hey!

I've got some British Cooked Ham from Sainsbury's that I was going to have in a pitta bread. Is that allowed? :shock:

I really want it, there's such little choice for lunches!!

I think that if you feel comfortable eating it...then go for it!

Ive been a bit naughty a few times but it doesnt phase me. I find it impossible to make fairy cakes and not lick the bowl :blush: Carbonara is also a guilty pleasure lol.

If your confident with the meat, then I cant see the problem to be honest :)

I'm always eating "cooked" ham... I don't see why you should have a problem with it... I was also naughty on two occasions though when I had a MAJOR craving for salami... other than that, as long as the "naughty" foods are had in moderation I wouldn't worry about it. How on earth did our mothers/grandmothers/great grandmothers cope? They never had all these food restrictions! :) x

I've eaten absolutely everything you're not supposed to!

Well, they say no deli-meats. I didn't/don't really know what that means, lol!

I had one slice, it was good. I'm not going to feel guilty!!

as long as meat and fish is fully cooked and not "raw" then you are fine hun :) ie - sushi is a no no as is smoked salmon and specifiaclly smoked deli-meats like salami from what i understand... anything else is fine. The clue with the meat is in your title - "Cooked Ham" = fine ;-) xx

I thought Smoked Salmon was fine, ooooppppssss, just getting my Omega 3 for the week. Well not harmed me up untill now so will carry on. As far as ham goes, I wouldn't worry, i don't know anyone, who doesn't eat pre-cooked ham of the counter or packets.

really? no ham? ive eaten parma ham, salami, chorizo..I never knew. I also boil a joint of gamon once a week for dinner and then have it cold for the next couple of days. Ive nearly reached full term, and both my baby and I are alive!! Id seriously just eat the ham! :rofl:

I thought Smoked Salmon was fine, ooooppppssss, just getting my Omega 3 for the week. Well not harmed me up untill now so will carry on. As far as ham goes, I wouldn't worry, i don't know anyone, who doesn't eat pre-cooked ham of the counter or packets.

Oh dear... i don't know then hun... to be honest I reckon we all seem to get told different things. If smoked salmon is ok though then BONUS!!! I love it! ;-) xx

really? no ham? ive eaten parma ham, salami, chorizo..I never knew. I also boil a joint of gamon once a week for dinner and then have it cold for the next couple of days. Ive nearly reached full term, and both my baby and I are alive!! Id seriously just eat the ham! :rofl:

oooohhhh, um, no idea then! wondering whether to scoff a pack of salami later now hehe! ;-) what with that and the smoked salmon - love them both and it's been a nightmare not being able to have it! ;-) xx

I know prawns are a fine line, with some info that is given, but guess what i plan to have for dinner ;)
I have stayed away from non pasteurised, products, but then Mum would have had them and we where brought up on non pasteurised milk as Dad was a dairy farmer. I think we have turned out normal :whistle::whistle::oooo:

I think it is all to do with covering their own backs and is this the reason why more and more children have alleges as we avoid so many products as we are advised to??? I don't know, but it does make you wonder.

Last edited:
I know prawns are a fine line, with some info that is given, but guess what i plan to have for dinner ;)
I have stayed away from non pasteurised, products, but then Mum would have had them and we where brought up on non pasteurised milk as Dad was a dairy farmer. I think we have turned out normal :whistle::whistle::oooo:

I think it is all to do with covering their own backs and is this the reason why more and more children have alleges as we avoid so many products as we are advised to??? I don't know, but it does make you wonder.

I agree... if we stuck to everything they tell us to avoid then they'd be nothing decent to eat! I'm a sucker for cheesecake at the moment and that is one of the sweets that you are supposed to avoid.

I also read that anything bought from the supermarket is 99% of the time pasturised so for anyone panicking about mayonnaise or salad cream then don't worry anymore! You CAN have that as long as they are shop bought and not homemade! Unless of course you know that the homemade stuff has not been made with raw eggs ;-) xx

I still eat dippy eggs too. :rofl:

Youc an actually have prawns if theyre freshly cooked. You just cant have the pre-cooked chilled prawns. When I found that out I dragged OH to la tasca and ordered so many seafood dishes :rofl:

I still eat dippy eggs too. :rofl:

Youc an actually have prawns if theyre freshly cooked. You just cant have the pre-cooked chilled prawns. When I found that out I dragged OH to la tasca and ordered so many seafood dishes :rofl:

Wow - what i'd do for a dippy egg right now lol.... shall I or shaln't I lol ;-)

As for the prawns - surprised you cannot have the pre-cooked ones as they are well.... cooked?! lol - i'm not a lover of prawns anyway so not that that really applies to me personally but weird on the whole fact that they are cooked? :roll: xx

I think cos if they go out of date you can get REALLY bad food poisoning from them. THey go off really quicky. But if theyre freshly cooked and still hot then you wont get food poisoning. Make sense?

by the way, the dippy eggs I eat are from my parents chickens so I know where they come from and very low risk of food poisoning from them, cos I basically only eat eggs from their chickens!

yeah - makes perfect sense hun... and lucky you to have such lovely eggs ;-) xx

I want my own chickens. I love staying over at my parents purely so that I can collect a fresh egg for breakfast while stillin my PJs ... *drools*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back