Bring on the labour! UPDATED AFTER DOC'S APPOINTMENT

Ani

Reaction score
10TH OCTOBER Update:

Just been to the doctor's for something called "monitores" in spanish; it basically means screening and involved me being hooked up to a monitor for 25 minutes to check the baby's heart beat against contractions. All good in that department.

He also checked the amniotic fluid and said that judging by the amount of fluid in there, and the contractions I am having, baby Leo should be here in one week!!! :cheer: Now I have no idea how he can estimate this but it makes me happy and that's the main thing!! Here's hoping he is right.

So, on my way home, I got DH to drive really fast over the speed bumps... and whether he likes it or not, I will have my wicked way with him tonight!! :rotfl:

Bring it on!! :cheer:

11TH OCTOBER
Oh my goodness, tomorrow is my last day in double digits!! I cannot believe it.... the time has just flown by.

Right now I am doing all the things that are supposed to bring on labour, in the hope that Baby Leo comes on time, or a few days early if he wants, such as pineapple, spicy food, sex (as uncomfortable as it is) and lots of walking. What are other people doing? Anyone got any tips?

My friend swears by sex - she herself went one day early after a week of nightly sessions. She was recommended this by her friend who also went early. So here's hoping... :pray:

a bumpy car ride? OH apparently knows of a 'really bumpy one' he's saving for me incase i go overdue :rotfl:

I got the raspberry leaf tea as well as all the things you've mentioned, but I've got them in tablet format instead of the actual tea because i've hear it tastes :puke: and I don't like normal tea!!

Been taking it since Friday and nothing is happening yet!

Can't really help as this is my first but want to give you some of these :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks guys. :hug:

Laura, I don't think I am desperate enough to try the castor oil yet... :rotfl: (watch this space in a couple of weeks tho!!)

Chrissy, I have been on Raspberry Leaf tea and capsules since 34 weeks. However, I have read that this is just to make your uterus more effective and does not bring on labour. :think:

Might try a bumpy car ride on the way to the obstetrician this evening... :) Anyone else got any suggestions?

JUST UPDATED INITIAL POST... XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back