bring it on...!

Sammystar

Reaction score
Hello all

I'm 38 weeks with number three and I'm sooooo ready to bring it on now. I was at the chemist yesterday and she gave me blue cohosh, has anybody got any experience with this?
I've also got some verbena oil for rubbing into my tummy, and some castor oil (which I'm saving until the weekend before I try)
Long walks and sex are also on the agenda.
Anybody had success with any of these methods? Anybody got any other suggestions?

:eek:

no success story as i went 8 days over due but you could try pineapple and bouncing on a birthing ball...

good luck :)

sex and pineapple - together or separate is upto u lol!! :wink:

yeah castor oil is meant to give you the run's so bear in mind if you go into labour you mite have the run's too :shock:

not somethin i've had wanted :lol:

load of independent mw use cohosh theres loads of stuff on the internet about it. i did try and get it but the herbalist recommended something else instead, cost £15 and i was too scared to use it.
the caster oil is meant to be effective but i chickened out of that too as i didnt want the squits in labour. as for it being dangerous there is no conclusive evidence for that, ie increasing the odd of meconium, ect
did you go over with the others? i would hang on with anything too aggressive until your due date but its your choice.

the last two pregnancies have been a real nightmare. Both times I got contractions at 27 weeks and put on bed rest. Luckily this time I wasn't in hospital.
The doctor told me last week I could get up, move about and try to encourage labour. I've had so many false alarms and I get contractions almost every day, they just don't get any stronger. That's why I'm at the end of my tether now. I'm so exhausted from not sleeping.
I think maybe I'm just too tense for the contractions to set in properly, which is why I want a little gentle help to get things moving.
At the weekend I'll be almost 39 weeks which is further than I got with the other two.
I've been taking small amounts of the cohosh today but so far it's all quiet. I usually start contracting at night. I might just bite the bullet and take the castor oil (yuk!) At least it'll relieve my constipation :oops: Fingers crossed my little fella comes out soon.......... :pray:

I read something about Castor oil making labour extremely painful...no idea if its true though...I know my mum drank castor oil to get me out as i was 9 days late in the end.

Hello all

I was up with my usual contractions from 1am today, I'm sooooo tired. I've been to the hospital and they are going to induce me next week. I go in on Tuesday night and they'll insert a pessary at about midnight. If that doesn't kick things off I get another one at about 7am.

I'm completely relieved to know my baby will be here next week but I'm still nervous abou the induction. Has anybody else been induced this way?

Sorry can't be of any help just wanted to say good luck! How exciting!! :cheer:

Hi

Good luck how exciting, i wasnt induced this way, hope you have an easy labour :hug: Less then a week you will be holding you baby!!
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back