Breech

Olive

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I had my 32 week mw appointment today and baby is lying breech again (but all fine thank god). She wasn't overly concerned at all and said that he has time to move, but basically said that if he doesn't move by my 36 week appointment, a Consultant will decide at 37 weeks whether to book me in (assuming for a section, she didn't correct me when I asked about them after that).

Hopefully lo will shift, but just wondered if anyone is/has been in the same boat?

A friend was telling me that a section isn't necessarily the first choice if breech and that they may use forceps? I've heard of them manipulating the baby with their hands on your bump if breech but not forceps before. I'm not sure how that would work, but it sounds fecking awful!

Thanks for any replies.

xx

I have no experience but have never heard if forceps, I have however heard if them giving you an epi and attempting to turn them externally in theatre so if its unsuccessful they can progress to a section. A few years back it was common practice for breech babies to be delivered vaginally and then they panicked whipped them out by section which meant mws deskilled and so now are not used to delivering breeches. Hopefully Lo will turn soon for you though Xx

Thanks hun. I've heard of epi too I think. Or ecv maybe. I'm not sure. Hopefully he'll move and it won't even come to that. Will start getting on my hands and knees lol. Maybe buy a birthing ball as well!

xx

is there not things you can do to encourage him to move. I think i read spending time on all fours helps (although that might be a heap of rubbish. lol)
xxx

R u doing hypnobirthing? Read up on the relaxation techniques to turn baby about, apparently work v well. Also I was breech at 28 and by 32 or 34 baby had turned so dont worry too much. One technique is swimming and stretching out, other is lie on back, legs over sofa arms and bum elevated with pillows underneath as high as poss to bring babies bottom out of pelvis and room to move. Good luck xxxx

Oh I just did my hypnobirthing class today about getting the baby into a good position she said not to worry until after 34 weeks as baby still has time to turn - you can also try kneeling on the floor and putting your head on your hands and elevate your bum higher than your head it also encourages the baby to come back out of the pelvis.

Thanks ladies. Friend had recommended all fours. Will def try that!

Is a gym ball the same as a birthing one? I'm sure I read on here the other day bouncing on one is also good.

Will maybe read up on hypo birthing thanks :)

I'm not too worried as know plenty of time. Just trying to mentally prepare myself I think just incase!

Xxx

Oh don't use gym/birthing ball and the movement pushes baby more into pelvis not out of it. Good luck xxx

Oooh my sister, due on 30th, found out last week her baby was breech. The two options she was given were manually turning the baby or a section. She opted for the section, as the midwife warned her manually turning is painful, has a 50% chance of working, the baby can turn back around and it can sometimes lead to the cord wrapping itself round the baby. She was booked in for this weds morning and an hour before her operation they told her the baby had moved into the perfect position! So now she's waiting for him to turn up on his own! But it goes to show your little one can turn very late so hopefully that's comforting. A woman at dh's work who is funnily enough due the same day was also in breech but opted for the manual turning and that's worked perfectly for her so both of them get to avoid a section, I'm sure you will too xxxxx

Thanks verity. Good news for your sis :)

Cheers FL will remember that!

Xxxx

When i went for my growth scan and mw appointment the baby is head down but she said it can still turn and turn again in the next few weeks... I hope he spins around for you hun. FX

A friend of mine had her little boy turned around as he was breech by ecv I think :s
Hope he turns for you soon as she said that was sore as they really dig in. xx

The exact same thing happened to me! :D

Grace was head down from 25 weeks until 32 weeks where my midwife said she had flipped and was in breech, I was gutted! BUT at my 36 week midwife appointment, she was back head down and almost fully engaged :love: I was pretty upset that she was breech but I'm glad she didn't stay like that and was a good girl. I'm sure the same will happen with your little one. I went shopping with a friend and kept on my feet quite a bit (which is meant to encourage baby to go head down because of gravity). So I say just keep on your feet whenever you can.

I'm hoping Grace is still in the same position at my 38 week midwife appointment, but because I've been resting lately (walking is way too hard now!) I'm a little worried! xxx

Thank yoooooooooou.

Fx for you Tiff. Sure she'll be in the same position and nice and snug now.x

Hi, don't worry at all! They can move loads from 32 weeks onwards. At my app at 32 weeks she said head was right down and in perfect position, a week later he had shifted completely to breech, at 34 weeks he moved diagonal, I'll find out on Monday where he is now, but it feels like he's still diagonal, but midwife wasnt worried at all and said they can wait right up until they 'engage' and drop down head first into your pelvis. So seriously - don't begin to panic yet.

But if you want to help then go on all fours up and down the stairs, and you can kind of 'stroke' encourage him in to place when he wriggles. xxxxxxx

Thanks lovely, that's reassuring! Lol will give OH a laugh going up stairs like that! xx

Lillianne is head up, feet down! She hasn't been head down yet!! Midwife had an attempt to move her other day and all I can say is OUCH!!! Never again!! She then said she was very comfortable and wouldn't move for anyone! I've got a growth scan on Friday, so hoping she surprises us! Not holding my breathe tho as I felt her move when she finally did! Not felt that since plus my stomach looks the same too :/ x x x

Thanks hun. Fingers crossed she moves for you xxx

Hey olive i was in same position as u at 32 weeks with my Lo. But by 36 weeks had turned, so don't worry just yet I'm sure all will be okxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back