Breech at 33 weeks

frances2009

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just had a scan which has confirmed that LO is breech at 33 weeks.

My next appointment is when I am 35 weeks.

Has anyone had any experience of this? Did your baby turn by himself/herself?

Seems like if the baby is still breech at 36 weeks, I'll most likely be offered ECV and if that doesn't work a c-section at 39 weeks. Not really keen on either so hoping baby turns by himself although he seems to be quite settled.....

Many thanks x

no experience I'm afraid, but I know there are ladies on here who have had similar, from what I remember, this is a good place to look!

http://www.spinningbabies.com

Actually, scrap that - I just tried their site and it's not working. Maybe keep trying in the hope it comes back to life?! If not, they have a blog which might still help:

http://spinningbabies.blogspot.com/

My baby was lying back to back for a few weeks and seem's to have turned by his/herself - I LIVED on my birthing ball for over a week! Haha!

Although the other day there was a firm lump at the left and one at the right, plus baby seemed to have dropped a bit so i'm hoping he/she is still head down and not sprawled out horizontal! lol

I'm 32 weeks and this one is still breech. They said they weren't too fussed until about 35 weeks though! My next appointment will be at 34.5 half weeks, so assume if still breech then they will offer me an ECV for 37 weeks? Petrified of having a c-section so praying the bambino gets on with it!
Good luck x

Thanks for the spinning babies website - I'll keep trying and hopefully it will work.

My baby has been head down since 28 weeks - every appointment/scan I had all was fine. Then the night before my 32 week scan I felt him turning (very uncomfy!) and since then he seems to like is new adopted breech position.

Found some info online that suggests crawling for 20 mins a day so going to try that tonight!!

Leanne1b I am also petrified of having to have a c-section :( Had planned a natural water birth in a home-from-home unit so really hoping he turns back round so I can still do this.

my babys been breech for a few weeks and iv got an appointment at 34weeks next week and will see if babys turned if he hasnt then i dunno what they are gonna do as babys bigger x

Yeah, I've known this ones breech since 28 weeks too. I don't know if there is any truth in it, but I read somewhere that if you put an ice pack at the top of your bump it could encourage the baby to turn as they want the warmth, not cold.
I've done if everyday for the past 5 days.... because I feel like I'm being cooked more than the breech part... I HATE London heat!! Lol, I'm so moany during pregnancy!
x

Leanne1b - yeah know what you mean about the London heat - especially the tube/buses! Can't wait to finish work in 4 weeks...

Becks20 - if you remember can you let me know how you get on at your 34 week appointment? Would be interesting to know what they suggest if baby still breech at 34 weeks... They're predicting my baby is bigger than average too but not sure how that affects things.

yea ill do a post on how it goes. hope your baby turns for you x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back