Breech baby still

twinkle90

Reaction score
Had a scan today, baby is breech still and growth has slowed. Another booked for 2 weeks to see if any change in either. If not, it'll be a discussion about having a ECV, if that fails then possible elective c section. Which I want to avoid at all costs. Anyone have any advice? Can I do anything to safely turn baby? Or is it purely a job for a professional to do? I never had this with my first so I'm clueless! Xxx

Aww hun sorry to hear baby still breech im not sure if thd rocking on hands an knees thing just wofks for back to back babies sure someone will have experience of wat ur dealing with xx

I'll have a look online to see if I can do things at home to help. I feel awful though, because i wanted a plan of what will happen and now I've been given one its just made me more anxious. Really want to avoid the csection as reading about it has heightened my fear of having one. The recovery sounds awful. And I thought the vaginal birth was awful xxx

Im the same they gave me a plan an now im all for csection hopefully thetr will b some helpful hints online for u an that the ecv works for u hun xx

I'm one day overdue with a breech! I had a failed ecv at 36 weeks and have chosen to try for a breech natural birth. There are lots of things you can try to turn baby, Google moxibustion (Chinese herbal technique), Webster technique chiropractor, breech tilts (the spinning babies website has good pics and examples of lots of turning exercises.) Nothing has turned this little one, but a breech vaginal delivery doesn't have to be risky - it's just a variation on the norm. Check if your hospital supports breech vaginally deliveries and do a bit of research. Delivering breech babies is a dying art but there are lots of positive stories on the web if you search for them, and some good groups on Facebook that I've had lots of helpful advice from. Fingers crossed baby flips but if not there are lots of options to try before you are due. X

Thanks hun. How do they deliver a breech baby vaginally? I'll take a look at the things suggested :) I have been on my hands and knees cleaning and rocking and back and forth. Xx

My first baby was breech, EVC failed at 36 weeks so I had C-section at 39 weeks and recovered really quickly. Obviously had to take things easy for 6-8 weeks but was only taking painkillers for about a week and was home the next day. Don't be scared about the recovery, I think planned C-sections are a lot quicker to get over than emergency ones, I'd always go with the Drs advice. If your hospital is willing to deliver the baby naturally when breech that is an option but my friend recently did this and had a lot of problems with tearing and the recovery from this was way worse than mine was.

Good luck either way xx

Doesn't feel like baby has turned but we will see when I have a scan next Wednesday. hopefully more discussions and plans are made next week too. I'm kinda at that point of wanting to have the baby regardless what option is chosen. So fed up. I had a episotomy and forceps last time and it wasn't too bad now thinking back to it but at the time I was so careful of sitting down and moving about lol, incase the stitches tore open. But we will see. I feel eased a little now xx

Have you tried kneeing on the sofa and dropping your arms to the floor (making sure someone is there to support you of course!) so your bum is way up in the air... and staying there a while? The angle releases the ligaments more than just being on hands and knees & frees baby up to move more easily....

Yeah, I've tried what I can from the spinning babies website xx

Hi Twinkle,

I delivered my son breach last year. I was devastated when I knew he was breach from 30 weeks and done EVERYTHING to try turn him. Moxibustion, acupuncture, chiropractor, reflexology, all the exercises on spinning babies and 2 failed ECVs however I had a great dr, I was consultant lead, and she allowed me to deliver naturally. My son was bum first though, I think if they're feet first it's harder. So my son came out with a black bum. It was tough though I had to push for four hours but I'd rather that than csec. Good luck and feel free to pm me any questions xx

Hello, i am doing a dissertation of alternative therapy in pregnancy and was wondering if anyone could help me by answering some questions on it please, all responses will be gratefully received -

thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back