Breech babies

bex

Reaction score
Hi, I just wondered if anyone has ever had or are having a breech baby? Just waiting for a scan tomorrow as my midwife now thinks baby maybe breech and wanted to hear anyones experiences on this.

hi bex,
how did the scan go? is the baby still breech?

i have never had to have a breech baby, but a friend of mine did, it was her 3rd baby & she ended up delivering him at home, feet first, ouch!!! :shock:

good luck hun.
xx

i'm breech at the moment - well baby is! hoping the movements i've just felt (very painful) where due to the baby turning.. I have anti natal wednesday so i'll find out... my md explained that they don't like to deliver breech babies. If i'm still breech at 37 they'l take me in for a scan and then give me a date for a C section which is usually around week 38... she explained that a breech birth is much harder and if the babies head isn't right it can cause complications. Even the head being tilted back after the legs and bum are out can cause big problems.

good luck - hope the scan proves them wrong and your baby has turned... let us know

if not have you thought about the doctors trying to turn the baby. Its not done internatally anymore - aparently they give you an injection to loosen your muscles and then try manipulating your bump...
x

My LO was a breech baby. although we didnt know this until I was 10 days overdue and 3cm dilated!!!. I ended up having an emergency section. Cant really say it was a bad experience, or if anything was any different as we had no clue. Three midwifes examined me that day and didnt know she was breech until I had an internal.

only slight complication we have had is my LO has a dislocated hip, this is quite common for breech babies.

At least you know and they are monitoring you, and you wont go overdue if baby stays breech they will get you booked in for a c section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back