Breastfeeding at 6 months

newmumtobe

Reaction score
Hello all :D

I used to look at this site all the time had computer probs ! Been reading you posts for a while again now and thought its time to join in again .

My little boy Harrison is just over 6 months we started weaning but he is not really keen more interested in his milk .
Just wondering if anyone is giving vitaimins at 6 months ?

I want to continue beastfeeding for a while at least whilst he seems happy but i am really worried about going back to work, i had tried expressed breast milk by bottle before but he just wont take a bottle. I am not going back for another couple of months and i think it might be a good idea to get him to accept a feed from someone else other than me. Just wondered what you plan to do when you go back to work ? I going back on night shifts so i can just picture my hubby getting up trying to settle him on formula :lol:

lil miss is on nursing strike unless its mummy boob...means while I'm at work she only has about 2oz of ebm... I'm lucky though she loves her grub and will quite happily scoff normal food while I'm not around.

Just take it slow and easy,.... eventually your milk will satisfy him less and less and he will associate normal food as filling the whole... As Mid said... offer food on a regular basis but not as food, more play things. Food for under 12 months is more for enjoyment than actual food. You could try purees see if he's more receptive to them... Lil miss tries to guzzle her food and while she chews and has teeth she'll swallow way too soon and end up choking.

Slow and easy is the way... don't rush into it... don't feel like he should be on 3 meals a day.. let him tell you what he wants to do ..:)

I've had loads of trouble trying to get my DS to eat - he's a total boob monster. It's a matter of perseverance. He still eats very little compared to other babies but he eats more now than he used to. Just keep offering food and have patience :)

Thanks for your replys :D

He hates my cooking i have tried purees but i cant quite get them smooth enough ! he will take only the quite runny foods.
I do try him 3 times a day not forcing him if he dont want to know then i leave it. The most he will take is at lunch time.
The HV made out that he needs more food now so i should give him vitamins. He is defentaly not malnurished as he was 22lb 5 oz two weeks ago.
Finger foods he has not worked out he picks it up stares at it and pulls a face like it is really disgusting :lol:

I have tried toast and banana and carrott so far. The lumpy food he urges with it, when i gave toast he sucked it when he had little bits left in his month he gags on it. I am so worried he is going to choke

Is it ok to put flora on toast or does it have to be butter ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back