Breast Pads

tinkerbell86

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend what breast pads to get and how many to get?

This is my first baby and I have no idea what to get or how many i'm likely to use and this is the only thing missing from my hospital bag at the mo!! :shock:

Thanks

Hi, I have just got Breast Pads from Tescos - last time I got ones from the local chemist and they were grand, but I just now put something in the shopping trolley each week. You just put them in your bra and the stick to the inside of the bra keeping them in place (a couple of boxes to be on the safe side). A must have!! x

I brought johnsons breast pads but only cos they were on offer! Last time I had cheapie ones and they were fine!

i bought washeble ones at boots and im getting a pack of cheap ones aswell to use in case of emergencies and at the birthcenter x

tommee tippee 100 pairs my nippes are huge and the tommee tippee pads r huge lol!! and they turn into gel when milk comes out like a nappy holds liquid i used poundland, johnsons, asda, boots and mothercare and they alllll leaked with me tommee tippee were the only ones that kept my milk at bay lol but i had super leakage and super size nips lol

i got some from breastfeeding heaven! if you keep an eye on the site, they do boxes of 100 for 1p!!! well,they used to! i got like 600 or something daft like that! i never used them all mind, but i'd rather have more than i needed!

I get through loads!!! I also like tommee tippee ones the best and Jphnsons are good. Just ordered some washable ones x

oh now im starting to worry, i need to look at sorting my bag out,

do you use them like sanitary pads, when theyre full change em or just as and when they are soggy?

are the cheaper ones like asda's / tesco's own rubbish?
oh same question about nappies, are johnsons huggies or pampers better? :-S confused mummy to be!! lol
xxx

I got to child number 3, countless soaking sheets and clothes before a midwife gave me this advice......
Cut a nappy into halves or thirds and use these in the early days if you leak a lot (like me).
This advice was invaluable as I have a vast oversupply of milk and would leak especially at night. it saved me on laundry no end and really helped with getting a few hours extra sleep.
After a few weeks when milk settles down, i used Johnsons.

Thanks all for the advice!! i think i will buy a couple of boxes just to be on the safe side!!!!!

sexyamy2005 - from asking friends with babies they all say huggies come up smaller than pampers but certain babies preferred one type to another! I have got a mix of pampers and huggies (due to various vouchers and deals) and will use them before i decide which i prefer!!

I found asda own were rubbish just like cotton wool to stop some
Moisture most of them are but the tommee tippee turn the milk into gel and lock in the moisture I changed them depending on what i was doing - if I was going out i would stick a new pair in and if I was feeding if I noticed they were damp/wet I would change them like after each feed otherwise I would just leave them - there like nappies when they get too full they will leak but they lasted a good while x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back