Breast Pads - Washable or Disposable?

Zodiac

Reaction score
Which would you recommend?

How much do you actually leak - do you just need one pad in each cup per day, or it it like changing nappies.... many times a day :shock:

I've also seen advertised some plastic cap thingys that go over your nipples.... but quite frankly that just seems weird! Anyone tried em?

I voted disposable because with James I got through several pads a day and if I didn't change them regularly enough I got a huge wet patch on my t-shirt. I think you'll have enough dirty washing with the baby without washing breat pads too :D

I tried washable at first but they quickly get soaked and felt very uncomfortable. Now I use Johnson's breast pads as they are really thick and comfy and have a sticky patch so they stay in place in your bra. You'd better stock up on a load because when your milk properly comes in you'll get through loads :D

washable ones are nicer and comfier (i find disposables a bit scratchy around the edge)
but i used disposables at first coz i leaked lots. my boobs hav got used to how much milk they need to make now so they dont leak as much- some days i dont even wear breast pads.
i guess for the first few months disposables are better coz washables just get soaked right thru :lol:
oh and annoyingly, one of them always gets stuck in the washing mashine rubber in a pool of water dripping wet :wall:

the plastic things- lilypadz? i think emmylou tried them, ill pm her for u.

I use both because one is never enough. I wear one washable with one disposable ontop of it. I change them about 3 times a day.

trixipaws said:
washable ones are nicer and comfier (i find disposables a bit scratchy around the edge)
but i used disposables at first coz i leaked lots. my boobs hav got used to how much milk they need to make now so they dont leak as much- some days i dont even wear breast pads.
i guess for the first few months disposables are better coz washables just get soaked right thru :lol:
oh and annoyingly, one of them always gets stuck in the washing mashine rubber in a pool of water dripping wet :wall:

EXACTLY what she said :D

:clap:

I had disposable ones to start with but use washable now. On the plus side they are good to wipe baby's mouth with as they arent stuck in :rotfl: they also stay in place and wash easily but they tend to be a bit fluffy and because milk is sticky, you get fluff stuck to the nipple!
I only leak when i'm very full - which is rare with my hunger monster!

i never tried washable ones. i would recommend paying a bit more for disposable ones as theyre more comfortable. i hated the cheap ones especially when i got sore as they stuck and it hurt alot!

I used Lilypadz for a while whilst bf'ing, in the early weeks they are a waste of time as there is so much milk leaking they just come off and can't hold it all.

In the early weeks I first used washable but didn't like them as I found the outline of them could be seen through the bra and usually through my top too :wall:

Then onto disposables, I loved them! Used Johnsons ones, thought they were great - you get through loads so stock up whenever you see them on offer especially!

I used Lilypadz after about 6/7 weeks when my milk had settled, using disosables at night, I thought they were great & even though I no longer breast feed I wore them the other day when I went out in a top I couldn't wear a bra with & didn't wanna look like I was smuggling peanuts :lol:

I just washed them regularly ( in bathroom sink wth soap & water) shook them dry, and popped them back in :D

I use disposables and change them a few times a day. I normally buy boots ultra slim :)

tommee tippee disposable ones!

I've tried washable and they're crap! Kept moving out of place and didn't curve round the breast properly.

Cheap disposables are pretty bad aswell though.

K.xx

i used disposable alot. but find that the washable ones are much nicer.

you tend to leak more in the early days. when your milk is establishing.

lauramumof2 said:
I used to cut an always ultra in half and use them :rotfl:

:rotfl:

thats sooo funny :D

When i was preg, i hated the idea of wasting all them breast pads, so i started off with washable, but there crap....

they leak everywere, especially in the early days

I much prefered disposables, i LOVED sainsburys own brand..

I dont use them anymore, i am still breastfeeding, BUT they dont seem to need them, i think my boobs have adjusted to producing required milk not squirty milk ;) haha

I tried the washable ones and I thought they were rubbish so I have voted disposable. I went through quite a few a day though. I think the best ones are Boots slim breast pads. I found them to be alot more absorbant than other brands I tried. They have a sticky tab on the back so that they stay in place and I think they are designed well.

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_detai ... id=1048045

I used boots own disposables and got through TONNES of them! I literally changed them as much as I changed my pads, which was almost every 2 hours or so!

ooooh the memories! *shudders*

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back