Lilypadz - Breast pads

pie&twink

Reaction score
Hi Ladies :wave:

I'm hoping to breast feed my little bundle again this time round but when I breast feed my daughter I absoloutley HATED wearing vile breast pads, tried everyone going & couldn't find one that prevented the leakage coming through to my top! :oops: & also you can always see the circle of the pad through your top.

I was forever changing wet pads, had lots of milk, & it just made breast feeding a bit of a pain to be honest.

Really want to give it a go again with this baby so just wondered if anyone has tried the Lilypadz breast pads?? they are non-absorbent so no more leaky wet patches!! Just stick to skin I think & block the milk ducts & very thin so you cant see them through your top.

Can anyone reccomend them or a similar alternative?

I had the EXACT same problem and do have these pads - TBH if you have a fast strong flow, they don't stop the leak - I will use them for swimming and I occasionally use them around the house but don't trust them when I go out.
I currently use the Tomme Tippee Breast pads and find thdem to be the best - they are thin so don't show through my tops and are the most absorbant pads I hazve found. You just have to make sure you go topless for a bit during the day as they tend to keep your nips from drying out which can make them sore :)

The lilypadz are good but unfortunatley not quite good enough for me :(

Hope I helped in some way - feel free to PM me if you want more info about them.

PS they work by squishing your nipple in which is supposed to stop the leak. :)

monster_munch said:
I had the EXACT same problem and do have these pads - TBH if you have a fast strong flow, they don't stop the leak - I will use them for swimming and I occasionally use them around the house but don't trust them when I go out.
I currently use the Tomme Tippee Breast pads and find thdem to be the best - they are thin so don't show through my tops and are the most absorbant pads I hazve found. You just have to make sure you go topless for a bit during the day as they tend to keep your nips from drying out which can make them sore :)

The lilypadz are good but unfortunatley not quite good enough for me :(

Hope I helped in some way - feel free to PM me if you want more info about them.

PS they work by squishing your nipple in which is supposed to stop the leak. :)

Hi,

Thats great. Thanks for your help Monster Munch! :D

Don't like the idea of blocking the ducts. That sounds like a recipe for disaster to me!

I found that the ONLY pads that stopped me leaking everywhere are the tommee tippee ultra absorbant ones. They're very slim and don't feel wet when they abosrb the milk. They're fab! And don't slip around and come off your nipple.

K.xx

The best ones are definately the tommee tippee closer to nature ones! I think the turn the milk into like gel (a bit like baby nappies). They've got a sticky on the back to stick to your bra.

Mothercare had them reduced to £3.99 last weekend, there normally £5 so stock up!

I'm not breast feeding btw but my boobs are still leaking for england! If i lay inbed without a top on for 5 minutes the bed sheets get soaked its a nightmare.

I recently got some of these, my flow is also very fast.

They worked well at first, but as you taken them off to feed and re-apply them you get more prone to leaks as the milk etc from your breast stops the stickiness until you washed them.

One problem I also found which I hadn't thought about was in public, if you feed, with normal pads you can just slide the pad down while you feed and it stays in your bra.
With these, obviously you have to unstick them and take it off, this leaves the dilemma...what do you do with it then?...put it on the table next to you infront of everyone...so everyone can ask what it is? Or hide it in your bag to get cobered in fluff and lose stickiness?
THEN after a feed you have to stick it back on by squashing it firmly onto your boob... again, not exactly easy to do in public without a few funny looks.

Basically, I'm glad I got them, I think I will use them more when my supply calms down a bit, and even then probably only in the house or for swimming etc. but not in public as it gets complicated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back