breast pads

lisa282

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations when it comes to breast pads? I breastfed my first baby and used the tommee tippee disposable ones, so have gone for the same ones again this time. I have no problem with them on the whole, they are pretty absorbant, not too visible through clothes and fairly cheap to buy, but my one quibble is that they wont stop in place! Has anyone else had this? The stupid sticky stuff on them is just not sticky enough, and if I fold my bra cup down to feed, or even just need to scratch my boob, it comes loose and then starts folding in at the edges so it becomes a mess and I have to change it, even though it is bone dry and would last longer. :roll:

I also have some washable lansinoh pads which are lovely to wear, but these are even worse, as they are cloth and have no kind of adhesive to keep them in place. What can I do? Is there a wonder pad out there that stays where you put it?! :lol:

I've tried a few different breast pads and Tommee Tippee are still the best. It is true that they NEVER stay flat but because they are bigger than most breast pads, they stay in place better than the smaller ones and are less visible through clothes. I tried the avent washable pads and it looked like I had jam jar lids down my bra! They would slip about and often I'd start feeding and there would be a wet patch on the other side as the pad had moved and wasn't where it needed to be!

I think the TT ones are the ones I haven't tried yet, so far my favourites are Boots own brand, they come in a box of 40 and are individually wrapped. I specify that, because I bought a box of 80 thinking value-for-money but alas, different pads. The box of 40 ones are much bigger (surface area), thin and stay where I put them.

Also, just to add, Johnsons ones are too soft and 'fluffy' and stick to my nipples - yuk, and a bit ouch.

im using LilyPadz at the moment, and they're great, they stay on your boob so no need to be sticking to the bra, and i can just wash them off and use them over and over.

the only issue i have had with them, is if LO hasnt fed for a while and i become over full, they do collect a little milk in them, so be warned when you take them off to put a cloth under your boob so as not to soak yourself!

I used to swear by TT pads, however the last box i have bought they seemed to have changed them. The sticky stuff i find now seems to come off and stick to my bra and when they roll up when i feed you can never get them back flat.
Tried tescos but found they stuck to me and was quite :shock: to peel them off.

I like the TT ones but have started using Johnsons as they are cheaper. I dont know why im still wearing them as never leak. I dont use the sticky pad i just place it into my bra as i got fed up with them scrunching up.

I'd recommend Lansinoh disposables! They're the only ones that I actually like! I leak like crazy and they're REALLY thin but SO absorbant! I was really shocked. I take the breast pad out with my boob when I breastfeed and then replace it after each feed so I don't use the sticky pads but they stay in place even without it! :cheer:

They're really big, cover loads of boob and are really absorbant. The ONLY downsides to them IMO are the price and the fact you have to individually unwrap each one. x

charlie84 said:
I used to swear by TT pads, however the last box i have bought they seemed to have changed them. The sticky stuff i find now seems to come off and stick to my bra and when they roll up when i feed you can never get them back flat.

I noticed this too, what are they thinking. They now pack them in doubles and are nowhere near as good as the last lot- plus they are now whit as opposed to pink.

The Lansionh, boots single wrapped and old TT type are all the same but just different brands I think. All pink and very absorbant. I don't actually use the sticky bits with mine though so can't give any advice on that. I found I leaked massivley with any other types inc Johnsons and boots and superdrug own brand cheapies.

I'm v.excited today as I had my first breastpad free night last night :cheer: My flow seems to have settled right down.

Alex xxx

dannii87 said:
The ONLY downsides to them IMO are the price and the fact you have to individually unwrap each one. x

OH goes nutsat all the individual wrappers around the place, they're ust so hard to pick up and stick to things because they get static :wall:

ASD123456 said:
dannii87 said:
The ONLY downsides to them IMO are the price and the fact you have to individually unwrap each one. x

OH goes nutsat all the individual wrappers around the place, they're ust so hard to pick up and stick to things because they get static :wall:
I know!! I usually get one stuck to my jumper or something :lol:

ASD123456 said:
charlie84 said:

I noticed this too, what are they thinking. They now pack them in doubles and are nowhere near as good as the last lot- plus they are now whit as opposed to pink.

The Lansionh, boots single wrapped and old TT type are all the same but just different brands I think. All pink and very absorbant. I don't actually use the sticky bits with mine though so can't give any advice on that. I found I leaked massivley with any other types inc Johnsons and boots and superdrug own brand cheapies.

I'm v.excited today as I had my first breastpad free night last night :cheer: My flow seems to have settled right down.

Alex xxx

I must say i think they appear to be of a poorer quality but i am still paying the same price :? I defo prefer the pink ones. May have to go get me some of the boots ind. wrapped ones if they are the same.

I have to always wear pads as when i feed i always leak from the other side, and leak throughout the day so i am stuck with them i think :(

leak-free...whats that? :lol: I only have to think about Eden or look at her picture and I get the tingly let-down feeling and within seconds I am soaking my breast pads!! :rotfl: Is it just me or do both your boobs produce milk at the same time, even when one isnt being stimulated? Whichever one Eden isnt feeding from still leaks while she empties the other one. Seems like such a waste... :?

lisa282 said:
leak-free...whats that? :lol: I only have to think about Eden or look at her picture and I get the tingly let-down feeling and within seconds I am soaking my breast pads!! :rotfl: Is it just me or do both your boobs produce milk at the same time, even when one isnt being stimulated? Whichever one Eden isnt feeding from still leaks while she empties the other one. Seems like such a waste... :?

Oh yeah i get a strong letdown in both boobs, so milk comes pouring out of both. So i am still having to wear pads 24/7 now.

I have lost the 'letdown at the slightest thing' now. Which is a good thing really as i was going through pads like no tomorrow. I used to have it if i thought of her or if i smelled her baby smell :)

Wow I barely get any leaks, except from one boob normally after I get out of the shower only. I only really wear breast pads as Oscar often dribbles at the end of a feed and they are handy for moping us both up :roll: I wonder if my lack of leaking indicates a not very strong milk supply :think:

Oh and I use the Asda ones (40 in a box) which don't have individual wrapping.

Mildly said:
I wonder if my lack of leaking indicates a not very strong milk supply :think:
Just looked this up because I was pretty sure it has nothing to do with supply and has more to do with the fact our milk ducts and muscles surrounding them are overstimulated at times which cause the leaks - Just found this:

Leaking or spraying breasts are a natural, though often embarrassing, part of breastfeeding. Some women never leak milk, while others leak a little from one breast during almost every feed. But for many women, the mornings - when your milk supply is at its fullest - tend to be leaky throughout breastfeeding. Leaking breasts don't relate to the amount of milk you have – many women with lots of milk never leak.

Ooh thanks Dannii, it was starting to worry me especially with Oscar's lack of weight gain :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back