Breast pads

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
I thought I would review the breast pads that I have tried and would appreciate other peoples reviews of the makes that I haven't yet.

Tommee Tippee - nice diameter, nice and slim and very absorbant, however each one is individually wrapped which is very wastefull on packaging. They have 1 sticky patch which works OK.

Boots own - nice diameter, quite chunky which I felt was noticeable when looknig in the mirror and has 2 sticky pads which is good.

Tesco's own - too small in diameter, but thick so they more noticeable and they have no sticky pads so they keep moving around and off the nipple even in a bra and god knows how I am going to get them to stay on my nipples at night which is when I leak the most. Annoyingly I have a box of 80 which I think I probably won't use and I need to buy some more before tonight or I will have to start wearing a bra to bed which I don't like doing.

I find the tommee tippee ones the best but I did wonder why all the wrapping!!

Jade

Which other ones did you try? I only bought the tesco's own ones the other day because they were out of stock of the tommee tippee ones. I should have looked at the box more closely, I didn't imagine for the live of me that they wouldn't have any sticky bits.

erm, its been a while now

Johnsons
Advent
Mothercare

I found them all too thick and seemed to keep the milk at surface of the pad so my nipple was wet. Which could lead to infections.

jade

I did the same with the tesco's ones (my boobs have leaked almost all the way through my pregnancy). Never going to buy them again!! I have resorted to double sided sticky tape ( i went through the whole box and added a little strip to the back of each one).

Has anyone tried resuable pads? i would love to know if they are any good.

Hi

I've been using Avent resuables for the past 3 months, although they don't have any sticky tape on them they stay in place just fine (I don't leak at night now so don't have to worry about a bra then). Saves a lot of money (don't you all think it's ridiculous how expensive reusable breastpads are?! In the early days I went through hundreds)

When I was using disposables my favourite were the Tommy Tippee as well. Lasinoh ones are very similar to them and also really good.

I didn't like Johnsons, they have a very large nipple shape on the front which managed to show through my bra and looked awful!. Chicco ones weren't good, they have a plastic backing and were uncomfortable.

Lucy

I had tommee tippee ones and have tons left in my drawer. I didn't get any milk in so used about 6 pads and have nearly a whole pack left.

Johnsons baby ones are good but I thought boots and tesco own brand and avent washable were rubbish. Breast pads are costing me a fortune though as I am going through so many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back