Breast Pads?!

Emmylou

Reaction score
Ok Girls - so I officially have one very leaky booby!!! I am using Avent washable pads atm, but to be honest - they are not efficient enough to copy with my leaky booby!

The leak can be so bad (especially the day after she has been feeding every 2 hours when she goes back to 3-4 hourly feeds) that it soaks through the pad and through my top - also they're bulky so I can only wear them with a patterned shirt, def not a tight top - heaven help me when it comes to summer and I want to wear a vest!!

I just wondered what breast pads you mummies might recommend?

i used tescos ones, also johnsons cos they have sticky patches to keep them in place but quite expensive xx

Ooooooooo Emmylou you mindreader! I've been meaning to post about this for ages, thank youu :hug: :hug: :hug: I use some I bought from mothercare which are ok, but they dont have a sticky tab on, so they tend to shift about a bit lol. They are quite absorbant, but I'm not too leaky.

Haha....I thought I better post it GP as I am wondering if I will ever be able to venture out the house, I am petrified of making it into town just to find I have an embarrasing patch on my boob!!

Sorry to hear you are suffering the leakiness too - its a pain isn't it even if you're not too leaky - mine is mainly because she has a 'favourite boob' so my poor right one doesn't get emptied like the left one! .......I love bf'ing thouhg so will just have to find a way to 'cope' :wink:

i the home brand of what ever shop im in..

i even got some from poundland!!! :D lol *cheapskate*

Dont worry tho it does get better... in the first few weeks id wake up like id climbed out of the shower covered in milk but now i hardly leak at all!!

I am glad to hear it gets better - I thought I might have to become a hermit!

I will def get a few own brands whilst I'm out, have had a scour on the t'internet too, and might try the lasinoh ones as they have a good write up.............I do wake up looking like I've showered in milk Lozzi (nightmare :roll: )

I give up on the washable one for the time being, will save them for when the flow becomes less :wink:

i believe lily padz are good too if ur wantin to be more enviro friendly...

I use tommie tippie breast pads as I found others to come apart :| but these hold everything well :) and they dont stick to your nipple :x

I used tesco ones - used to put about 3 in each bra cup! I once leaked through 2 pad, a bra, a tight t-shirt and a rugby top! It was at my MIL's house - the 2nd time I had been round there :oops: was sooo embarassing!!

I found that the only ones that worked were these

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_detai ... id=1034188

Don't buy the cheaper Boots ones they are rubbish. These Boots ones are in individual wrappers and have sticky bits to hold them in place. They are quite large which might be a problem but the larger they are the better protection they provide. I leaked really bad for a good few weeks and these kept me dry a lot longer than any of the others I tried.

Johnson ones have the sticky tab on them, and they really good. thats what im usin at the moment :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back