breast feeding increased intensity

GBLiz

Reaction score
after 7 weeks of pain free breast feeding (the first week hurt !) Anjali has started feeding/chomping more intensely all of a sudden , so much that im getting tender nipples again!

The soreness isnt a problem (yet lol) but im wondering if shes having to suck harder because im not producing milk fast enough? or is she just going through a ravenous stage? She's been putting on weight well so I know I must be making enough volume of milk...

Hi there,

You 'should' always be able to produce enough milk. Your LO may just be on a growth spurt and feeding more at the mo.

The only others pointers I'd say are that you should try and make sure that each breast is emptied each time, so that LO gets the fore & hind milk - if you swap breasts too soon she may only be getting the foremilk which is more the thirst quecher than the 'meaty' stuff that fills you up.

The only other thing that could affect milk supply is making sure that you yourself are eating well and regularly. My HV says you should have at least one hot meal a day.

Hope the soreness improves soon

:wave:

My guess is an 8 week growth spurt, she's probably just roughly trying to encourage your supply. Bless em :doh:

i think if u been doing it 8 weeks its not likely ur doing anything wrong (like latching improperly which would cause soreness) it must be just that she's getting inquisitive or maybe even early teething! i found when millie became more aware of her sense of self and that she could do stuff and make things happen with her actions- thats when she started biting and clamping etc- little bugger! lol.

Ouchy, just when you think youve got it sorted theres something else! Eva had a lttle faze of using me as a dummy which made me sore until i cottoned on to what she was up to, i shove my finger in there now to break the seal and she finds her fist instead, could A be doing the same?

midna said:
Ravenous yes spurt probably ...finding out she has some gums and seeing how far your nipple stretches yes ...lol ..they dont get any better either ...mine have just become sore again ..shes such a rough feeder !!!

Im sure your milk is fine hun ..you probs just got a rough feeding naughty nooblet lol

:clap: :clap: :clap: exactly that... I have that problem too :)

hey Liz

I have no advice but i will watch out for that at 7 weeks
Mhairi is 3 weeks and breast feeding going okish...
hope you are okx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back