Breast feeding as contraception?

I haven't had a check up on me after 6w...?

God tiff could u imagine lol!! I dot think you have anything to worry about after 3w thankfully!
God I suppose it's just hit and miss really with bf.. I mean, of u don't have a period u haven't ovulated.. And I assume those who have got pg while bf.. It's been on their first ovulation..

Will take a while to get the pill and periods sorted into a proper cycle so hopefully by next month it will be more 'normal'

I had a 6 week check up, when I say check up it was just a few questions really....like what contraception was I going to use. I had this the same time I took Jack in for his checkup. You didn't miss anything!

Really hope it all sorts out with the bleeding as I hate having irregular bleeding - I was kind of hoping for at least another 6 months period free!!

I think when some people talk about getting pregnant while breastfeeding they mean they've got pregnant after the 6 month mark but their periods returned before. I'm not saying people don't get pregnant before this but I think it is a very low percentage (like the 2% in the article). I don't think I'd care if I did get pregnant really but I think its probably best for your body to wait just a little while. I don't like that worry of not knowing whether you're pregnant or not - I think it can drive you mad!!

Yeah the not knowing is awful! Coz of my pcos I have very irregular cycles even up to three months gap!! Bloody hate periods lol!!

Yeah it seems if people supplement or wean then it's not effective.. I'm sure some fall in the 2% too like the pill and other methods.. We will see!!
Yeah I wouldn't be too upset to fall again as I'm doing the 'baby thing' anyway lol but like u say the body needs a rest for a while first!!

I certainly hope so! My OH is like, "I won't be able to cope!!" :lol:
xxx

I haven't read this whole thread but just wanted to say a work
Colleague got pregnant whilst exclusively bf when her lo was 3 months old!

Eek!! I bought some pg tests from boots today I may do one next week just to check..

Oh god :shock: how old was ur baby when u fell preg bfing??

He was 9 months. We started ntnp though and we only dtd once that cycle and fell pregnant that time lol One of us is defo getting sterilised after this baby lol

Blimey!! Well I doke a test yesterday and it was negative so we were lucky!!

I have been heavily bleeding for nearly 7 days now so I'm starting to think this is a period and not just because I started taking the mini pill??? I've got no idea.....but if its a period in theory I would be fertile again if I wasn't taking the pill!! If I continue to bleed much longer I'm going to stop taking the pill - so far since taking it I haven't even had sex so maybe thats how it stops you getting pregnant!!! lol

I'm sure the pregnancy test will be negative but you never know!! Do keep us updated xx

lol just posted a second after you, thats lucky it came back negative. I think it would be really hard to deal with another pregnancy straight away! What contraception are you planning to use??

I know it would be very hard!!!
Yeah maybe ask ur doc about it it may take a couple of cycles to settle down..

Well I can't really use anything to be honest!!! Medically and personally!! The withdraw method will have to be our way even though it's not 100% effective.. I'll rely on knowing hen I'm ovulating too as I have pcos it hurts when I ov so I know.. And just avoid sex til then!! Not had a period yet so that's good!!

I have a friend who fell preggers while she was ebf. It's not to be relied on as a form of contraception. And periods don't necessarily mean you've ovulated. You can have what's called anovulatory cycles. Check out the bottom of this page.

Thanks hun.. I don't really have any other option than to trust bf :(

Well I've just started my first period today so looks like I could have fell pg a couple of weeks ago! :shock: and lily is almost 3months now..!
How's ur contraception working for u now nat?x

I wouldnt rely on BF as contraception unless you wouldnt mind a BFP iykwim xx

Tbh it wouldn't be the ideal time and it wouldn't be the end of the world either.. We don't really have any other options.. If I'm ovulating again I might get some opks and avoid DTD when I'm 'ripe' lol x

Tbh it wouldn't be the ideal time and it wouldn't be the end of the world either.. We don't really have any other options.. If I'm ovulating again I might get some opks and avoid DTD when I'm 'ripe' lol x

Can you not get a coil? My body doesnt agree with hormones and i react to latex so not easy.

sent from my Galaxy s2

The thought of it makes me feel sick tbh lol!! Same as implant etc.. I can't deal with foreign bodies.. Some kind of phobia I think lol.. Tmi but I can't even use tampons!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back