Breakfast

inky

Reaction score
LOs Brekkie has always consisted of baby cereal because he loved it, but he's decided now that its not for him any more! The last few days he will only eat toast and fruit but I'd like him to have some cereal or something as well really, are 'adult' cereals ok for an 11 month old? I'm just thinking special k or cornflakes cos they will go nice and soggy? Or could he have anything that doesn't have the added sugar?

I was advised weetabix with full fat cream by my HV cos eva will only breastfeed twice a day now. Eva is only 7mths old so it should be fine for an 11 mth old.

I would say its fine, Noa have what I have n never had a baby version of anything. I'm just careful with salt n sugar x
This morning he had Toast with soft cheese and natural youghurt with banana.

Oscar has the ella's kitchen banana or mango breakfast yoghurts n he loves them. I would buy natural yoghurt and and fruit and do it myself but we are atm blenderless!

Isla had some of my soggy cocopops this morning! She's refusing baby food at the moment and wants adult stuff :doh:

I wondered about this too and the ladies on here said it would be fine so now we have readybrek, weetabix or soggy cornflakes, so much cheaper than baby cereal x

Isla's also been refusing cereals for the last few weeks so I've been giving yoghurt, toast and fruit instead.

It never occured to me to give her weetabix :wall:

I haven't tried weetabix yet, but he doesn't like cornflakes, rice crispies or special k :wall2: he will still have fruit and yoghurt but I'm worried about whether or not he's getting enough iron which is why I wanted him to like the baby cereal...oh well, back to the drawing board!l

U can add dried apricots for iron, the darker the better (more natural) x

Ooooh good idea! He likes apricots :). Will getsome tomorrow! Thanks!

Also c vitamin help the body to absorb iron, so plenty of oranges, tomatoes etc

have you tried mixing in some pureed fruit into cereal or porridge? i found that helps with layla sometimes if she is being fussy! xx

Odhrán has a banana after his bottles, he loves munching it himself x

I give either Weetabix with full fat milk and a piece of fruit for afters. Porridge with fruit mixed in ie; chopped banana, strawberries etc, Bitesize shredded wheat (just enough milk to soak them and he can help himself), oaty fingers or toast.

You could try

Eggy bread
Boiled egg
Yoghurt and fruit
Pancakes
Crumpet

I was going to ask this question! So are we right in saying bab can have our weetabix and porridge etc? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back