Braxton Hicks?

Jayjay027

Reaction score
For the ladies on here who have experienced these, can you tell me what they feel like?

While out shopping today, as I was bringing the trolley back I started getting a very sharp tightening feeling across my bump. It stopped me in my tracks.
They kept happening every 15-20 seconds the whole way home in the car and a little while after I got home (roughly 30mins in total)
They were pretty painful, and I had to breathe through them to make them more bearable.

I get round ligament pain, so I know it wasn't that. Does it sound like it could have been BH? X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I thought BH are not painful? But some girls said they can get sown how painful near labour?
I should mention it to the mw to be sure.
I also thought that he BH are not as regular as that?
I am confused now lol.
Are you feeling ok now?

Yes I'm feeling absolutely fine now. Baby is happily kicking away and there are no problems.

I'm very confused too if BH aren't supposed to be painful, these were sharp and tight pains, and very regular for the 30mins or so that they were there.

Hmm..strange x

As far as I remember, those do sound like Braxton Hicks. They usually aren't painful but sometimes the tightening is so uncomfortable it can seem painful. If that makes sense? They can most definitely take your breath away!

As far as I remember, those do sound like Braxton Hicks. They usually aren't painful but sometimes the tightening is so uncomfortable it can seem painful. If that makes sense? They can most definitely take your breath away!

Ah!
Yes that does sound about right. I might be confusing the tightenings with pain.

Thank u :) x

I get them, its like an uncomfortable tightening more than pain get a few a day x

Sounds like they prob were BH, I've read that you can get them from 16 weeks onwards You're so slim anyway that I should imagine any muscle tightening would feel uncomfortable. Glad to hear you are ok x

Am I likely to get them more now then?

My husband was so worried God love him lol. I was assuring him that I was fine and that it was normal and he was like 'how can u be sure of that? You've never been this pregnant before?' Lol x

Maybe, I think some ladies are probably more likely to feel them than others. I had it once about a month ago but it was literally gone in 5 seconds and I havent had it since.

So long as the pain isnt too bad and you have no further cramping, increased discharge, fluid leaking - the usual stuff, then I would suggest you're ok - run it past your mw next time you see her just to be sure.

Bless your DH looking out for you
x

Ah!
Yes that does sound about right. I might be confusing the tightenings with pain.

Thank u :) x

Glad to help :)

Sounds like them to me hun. Mine are quite painful and then always make me need a wee after (must tighten my bladder too!!)

There's no pattern to mine some days had loads and then other days haven't had any x

Sounds like them to me hun. Mine are quite painful and then always make me need a wee after (must tighten my bladder too!!)

There's no pattern to mine some days had loads and then other days haven't had any x

Now that u mention it, I really needed a wee when I got home. Didn't connect the 2 though as I've been weeing like a race horse recently anyway lol x

Sounds like. I had them last week and it was very very unsettling, but more the tightness that was horrible than the actual pain. My bump was rock solid. The pain was kind of like just stretched too far kind of pain?? If that makes sense xx

Yeah that sounds about right! My bump went rock hard too!

At least if I get them again, I'll know exactly what they are!

Thanks girls x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back