Braxton Hicks

rere

Reaction score
How long should braxton hicks last?

I was timing mine tonight and they seem to be 2-3 minutes long

sounds about right, mine vary, anything from one minute to about 3 x

thanks thought so had a pregnant friend ask me and started to second guess what i had said but i said what u two ladies have said :)

Punkpunch 2-3 mins sounds a bit long for a braxton, they should only really last a minute. I would say they are contractions, which you can get a lot of after 37 weeks. Maybe baby is on it's way! Lokx

they wud have to be contant tightenings tho wudnt they?

they wud have to be contant tightenings tho wudnt they?

Braxtons are irregular....so they should never be,say, 5 mins appart. They would age to come one at 10 mins, 40 mins, 56 mins etc....and simply be painless tightenings to e classed a braxtons.

I get tightenings every 4 mins that last a min, and have had this since 35 weeks....doctors don't know why this happens, but essentially what I experience is false labour all the time. Sigh. So come labour day (I it starts before my section date) I'm not going to know until my water breaks or the pain gets intense.

ahh i see i understand more now :)
poor u having to wait till ur waters break or intence pain to know if its actual labour is there nothing they cud do?

ahh i see i understand more now :)
poor u having to wait till ur waters break or intence pain to know if its actual labour is there nothing they cud do?

I have a consultants appointment today regarding my c-section (baby is breach). So I am going to mention to them that it's a bit silly that the midwife booked men in on my due date whn the doctor said I woul be booked in at 39 weeks! They probs can't do anything, but considering the toghtenings are getting tighter and are now making it hard for me to breath on occasions, then maybe they can move it forward.

Otherwise it's ping to be an emergency section for me! Great!

surely that cud distress baby cudnt it so wud be in best interest for it to be 39weeks ?

surely that cud distress baby cudnt it so wud be in best interest for it to be 39weeks ?

Exactly! Waiting to see consultant at the mo, think thy want to try and turn baby. But I think that will trigger labour...or distress my baby!

We will see what the doc says

I still havent had any! X

i've heard many 1st time mums don't feel them, but with subsequent pregnancies they can intensify... this is the case with me.

I didnt think I had any with my 1st either, but wasnt til I has my second that I realised what they felt like....i'd mistaken the contraction for baby's head or bum ....felt like they were pushing it up as hard as they could near the top of the bump & to one side....it would feel like a round hard lump then disappear after a minute or so.

Exactly! Waiting to see consultant at the mo, think thy want to try and turn baby. But I think that will trigger labour...or distress my baby!

We will see what the doc says

Fingers crossed for u hun

Punkpunch 2-3 mins sounds a bit long for a braxton, they should only really last a minute. I would say they are contractions, which you can get a lot of after 37 weeks. Maybe baby is on it's way! Lokx

You were right lol

I still havent had any! X

i've heard many 1st time mums don't feel them, but with subsequent pregnancies they can intensify... this is the case with me.

I didnt think I had any with my 1st either, but wasnt til I has my second that I realised what they felt like....i'd mistaken the contraction for baby's head or bum ....felt like they were pushing it up as hard as they could near the top of the bump & to one side....it would feel like a round hard lump then disappear after a minute or so.

Thanks honeyloops. That makes me feel better - perhaps they are just happening and I don't know it but having said that I'm not really feeling much at all above my belly button. When I saw MW at 25 weeks she said baby was lying across me (so that would explain everything being down low). Got my 28 week appointment tomorrow so will see if she thinks baby has moved x

mine last for around 30 sec to a minute. they have started to get stronger then they were before x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back