Braxton Hicks!

allycat

Reaction score
I think I've been having these for the last couple of days... my belly goes so tight and painful and where my belly button's popped out, the skin around goes really hard as well. Feels a little painful and I have to sort of breathe through it 'til it passes. Does this sounds like braxton hicks or just baby having a little move about? It's happened about 3-4 times so far today! :?

I started with braxton hicks at about 18 weeks last time, i found them to be rather uncomfortable at times but never really found them painfull :? but everybodys pain threshhold is different.
if you are finding them painfull it might be worth talking to yuor midwife just to check.

As has already been said braxton hicks shouldnt be painful!
I hope your ok though

Not liking the sounds of this at all and dont wana experience this at all - hope you feel ok xxx

I looked this up yesterday as i am gettin these tight pullin sensations too and can be painful.
It does say that its braxton hicks, but as long as your only gettin them from time to time, its normal.
They can last anytime from a few seconds to minutes and are sometimes brought on by to much activity, so is suggested that you lie down for a bit.

They're not so painful that I can't move or anything or feel worried about it, but it's a proper tightening across my belly that just feels uncomfortable. Doesn't last too long either, just didn't expect to get them at 25 weeks :shock: xxx

Hope they dont plague you too often Allycat!! :hug:

allycat said:
They're not so painful that I can't move or anything or feel worried about it, but it's a proper tightening across my belly that just feels uncomfortable. Doesn't last too long either, just didn't expect to get them at 25 weeks :shock: xxx

it can start from as early as 18 weeks, i kno shocking, prob lil baba to impatiant to wait lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back