Bras for bigger ladies!!

EllieBelle

Reaction score
Good morning,

Im after some advice on the most comfortable bras you found during your pregnancy! My boobs have grown somewhat despite them being large before my pregnancy - currently a 36E and started out as a 32DD. I bought some M&S support bras (the non wired type), but find these very unsupportive, and they leave nice imprints all over my boobs (plus in order to keep my boobs where they should be I have to shorten the straps dramatically, which is not comfortable at all)!

Can anyone please recommend a good brand, or type to try. I have read that underwired bras are a no-go, but surely breasts need good support especially as they continue to grow?

All suggestions gratefully received as Im currently very uncomfortable!!!

hiya, bravissimo do some nice good bras but are a bit on the expensive side if your size changes a bit.... ive found the comfiest ones for me so far are cariwell ones from the boots website (also have been the cheapest for me) & i was in a 36H before i bought the XL of these!! They come with bra strap extenders as well so have been able to grow with me :D

The nicest maternity/nursing bra I got was an Elle McPherson La Mere one [urlhttp://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=EMI-E71-196]clicky[/url]. Comfy, supportive and still really pretty. They go up to a fair size too.

They're a bit pricey but I got mine 2nd hand from ebay :oops: and saved a fortune! If you can afford one I'd definitely recommend one though.

I used Miriam Stoppard stretchy maternity bras after 20 weeks because I was fed up having to buy new bras every few weeks! They were really comfortable and although technically not as supportive as a 'proper' bra, I used to undo bras in the middle of the day as they were hurting me so by wearing these all day I had a lot more support!

Royce bras are very comfortable. Some are really grannified but actually give some support! I got mine off an ebay shop (brand new!) for quite cheap. I also used the Miriam Stoppard ones from Debenhams which are quite nice looking. I hated Mothercare and M&S ones.

There's an Ebay seller who sells the Miriam Stoppard ones for less than a tenner!!!

EllieBelle said:
(plus in order to keep my boobs where they should be I have to shorten the straps dramatically, which is not comfortable at all)!

Maternity bras are not designed to keep your breasts in the same position as a 'normal' bra would - especially if you are used to wearing underwired bras.

It does take a while to get used to feeling a bit lower down especially if you have bigger boobs (mine have gone from a 36E to a 38G :roll: ).

A supportive maternity bra shouldn't have your boobs looking nice and pert and pointing the right way (even though that is far more attractive and feels nicer! - If you tighten the straps to get them up there, you will end up with sore shoulders/back.) The 'support' comes from allowing them the room to grow and not constrict them in any way whilst ensuring that the top of your boob is not bearing all the weight. (That;s a rubbish description so hope it makes some sense! :oops: )

A proper fitting supportive maternity bra if you have an ample chest does make it feel almost like your boobs are sat on top of your tummy and that it is just a shelf with no distinction between each breast! :roll:

Roll on the day when I can even think about trying to get my boobs back to a position they should be!! :rotfl:

I hate the "support" of non-wired so I wear underwired, they just squish my boobs together, but wen my milk comes in i'll go back to the maternity bras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back