Boobs - how much do they grow, and when? And did they stay?

joeyjo

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
Sorry this is a bit long and rambling.

I'm getting worried about just how many bras I'm going to get through in this pregnancy! :rotfl:

I normally have small boobs; after losing a lot of weight in 2007 for the last 12 months I have been a 30B or 30C depending on the bra for the last year. because size 30 bras are harder to find I also have some 32B bras which are OK but a little loose round the back - I have stitched the band smaller on one. Prior to losing weight I was a 32D.

I am currently just over 9 weeks pregnant having found out at 4 weeks. Almost immediately my boobs were fuller and firmer but had not actually increased a whole cup size. Around 7 weeks having heard that an early increase normally stopped about 7-8 weeks I bought 2 wireless bras in the sales, they were a 32C and a 32D, both were slightly big in the cups, now both are tight. I also tried on a selection of my old 32D bras and I am falling out of them too.... Although the bands are still loose.
I measured myself today and by my measurement I need a 30E!! Although I guess a 32DD will be a bit easier to find (except I live in Switzerland where anythind outside the range 34-38 A-C is tricky!!)

I am currently living in vest tops with secret support and my sports crop top but they aren't really very supportive and the more I grow the more I'll sag..
I feel like I'm going to end up competing with Jordan if I grow at this rate for another 31 weeks, not to mention that they'll then fill with milk.
Its not all bad, I do actually like them at this size (not sure about any bigger) what happened to your boobs after pregnancy/breast feeding. I know they'll be a totally different saggier shape but any chance of keeping some of the size gain?

Thanks girls!

Before i was pregnant i was a 34B. By the time i was 12 weeks i grew to a 34D. Now post pregnancy i am 36DD or E, depending where i buy.
I am breastfeeding though so i don't know yet what they will finish at. Hopefully the same size but i'm not being hopeful.

i was a 38E or thereabouts, but now 2 weeks after birth and whilst breastfeeding and my double F nursing bra's dont fit !! :wall:

before i was pregnant i was a 32 C and within the first 6 weeks i'd liturally doubled boob size, i hated it so much. im breastfeeding now, so am not bothered by their size. im a 34 DD eeek!

my sister is now 24 weeks pregnant, and was a 32A and has gone up to a B, but she still looks little.

Thanks for the replies.

Millie, after that quick early growth did they then settle until breastfeeding started?
I got some bras from a friend today that seem to fit for now; they are underwired so I still need to try and find others.

my boobs balloon when i'm pregnant! :lol:

i am 5'4" and weigh 7 stone so am rather flat-chested. my bra size is 32A.

i was a little heavier when i got pregnant with my daughter i was a 32B to begin with, i went up to 32C within weeks of getting pregnant. halfway thru second trimester i was 34D and when i gave birth i was 34DD (i went up to 11 and a half stone)

i was bursting out of my 34DD when my milk came in, i was probably easily an E cup, possibly F :shock:

i breast-fed my daughter for 8 months, but my boobs only stayed big for about 6 months :?

i lost a lot of weight by the time she was 10 months old i was 6st 13 and bra size nothing! (as in i didnt even need one :lol: )

iv managed to gain a few pounds back i am just over 7st now and my bra size is a very modest 32A, altho a lot of the time i dont wear one (dont really need to)

i am proud to say that despite 8 months of breast-feeding my boobs are NOT saggy, they are as pert as an 18-year-old's :D :dance: :cheer:

i did end up with a few stretchies (well, u would wouldnt u after going up so many sizes!) but they have faded to nothing now.

i was pregnant again in november and lost the baby really early, but already i was a C-cup :shock:

i was told not to wear underwired during pregnancy, idk why tho :think:

I am when not with child or BF a 34 B I am a 34 G at the moment :shock: :shock: :shock:

But i have to say...when they are 34 B they are saggy
and dare i say it wrinkley in the bath...Yes the kids ate my boobs...
cambodain flaps i call them !!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Hubby don't care....well i don't think he does :rotfl: :rotfl:
But i keep telling him enjoy them while they last :)

I was a 30D pre-pregnancy. Since you're not supposed to wear underwired bras in pregnancy and all mine are underwired, I bought new bras fairly early on.

I couldn't get 30D non-underwired (smallest back size was 32) so I bought 32D thinking my breasts would grow a bit anyway. This was at around 6-7 weeks and the bra was a bit big, both cup and strap (did a bit of safety pinning).

By around 9 weeks, it fitted no problem in the cup, on the tightest setting.

By 12 weeks, something funny had happened overnight. I could not get the bra on, even on the loosest setting and I had double boobage. I went to John Lewis for a fitting, and she recommended I try 34D and 34DD (different styles). She also warned me that I'll probably be back around 24-26 weeks and because I was a small back size to start with, I'll find I'll go up more back sizes than bigger women. She predicted I'd be either 34F or 36EE (is that right - not sure what happens to the double letters, but anyway, something like that) by 24-26 weeks, and said I could go up another cup size or 2 before the birth and again after if I'm breastfeeding :shock:

By the way, she also mentioned that your back size for underwired is not necessarily the same for non-underwired, due to the construction of the bras. She said if she was to put me in an underwired now, I'd probably be 32E - but obviously underwired isn't suitable (I was trying to justify wearing totally the wrong size bra!!). So I wouldn't go by your own measurements, I really would recommend getting measured properly. The fitting at John Lewis was free, plus she went away and came back with a selection of bras to try. She didn't try to sell anything - she told me to buy one bra at the cheapest price (I bought 2 so I could at least have one in the wash).

Kittykins, thanks for the reply. Its really useful to have a rough idea of what I can expect growth wise over the next few months.

So far I have 1 32D non wired that seems OK and 1 wired 32E from a friend, that fits but obviously not ideal with the wire. I also have a very comfy sports crop top for slobby days, not attractive but very very comfy! I have been measured in a store here in Switzerland last week as a 32DD/30E but have not found anywhere that stocks those sizes yet, I haven't found any32's in bigger than a C cup. I am keeping on looking and have family coming over in a month so will get the sizes checked again before then so they can shop and bring a selection over with them.

I was a 34c before pregnany, now iv gone up to a 36D.
I hope they stay like it though :D

I was a 32DD before I fell pregnant and throughout my pregnancy I have remained at about a 36F (have one bra in a FF). Im presuming my back size will go down very quickly as my ribs decrease in size, but am obviously expecting my actual boobs to grown a little when my milk comes in.....Im just hoping not too much - they are far too big already!

I have remained in under-wired bras throughout - my boobs are far too big not to wear underwired, but I have seen a professional bra fitter on a regular basis, who fits and sells bras for a living, she also lectures all over the world.......she explained to me that wearing non underwired even in pregnancy can do more harm than good for larger breasted ladies.......obviously underwired bras need proper fitting.

I will however be wearing non wired bras whilst breastfeeding.....

I was 32D prepregnancy, 32E by 12 weeks, 34E by 20 weeks then started wearing stretchy bras as I hate bra shopping and was not impressed at the rate I was outgrowing them! Once DD was here I was 34H. 6 months later I was 34 F I have not expressed since 3 days before Christmas and I am 34 E again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back