Boy's name MIRAN - opinions please

Petra

Reaction score
:wave: what do you think about boy's name MIRAN? I saw a really cute boy called Miran a few years ago and since we can not agree on any other name, we might go for it in the end.

Sorry, I don't like it either... do you have any other possibilities? :hug:

I think it is quite cute. Is it pronounced My-ran?

I wouldnt personally go for it, but its not a horrid name by any stretch in my opinion.

How would you pronounce it? I like MY-ran a lot better than MIH-ran.

I don't love it, but think it's fine. :)

:doh: might reconsider since nobody really likes it.. I would pronounce it mih-ran... What about Milan?

I read it as Mih-ran and personally think it sounds quite nice :D

If you're thinking of something else not so commonly used but maybe a bit more in fitting with typical brittish names how about something like Ty? Although I'd be tempted to spell it Ti (with an accent over the i) :wink:

i like the name. it strikes me though as an 'asian' sounding name?

it made me think 'miriam' which is of course a girls name

How about Kiran ? (its an indian name )

too androgynous. If someone looked at his email address they would not know if he was a boy or a girl.

I really like it actually!

I would have thought it would be pronounced Mih-ran.

If you like it then you should go for it hun :D

Much prefer Milan out of your 2 choices..........

Have you got any other ideas as well?

i know someone called that and if i posted a picture it would soon put you off :rotfl:

Miran / Milan are the only options at the moment. We have spoken to everyone in the family and told them to find nice names as we seem to be really clueless :wall: ( it's not easy - I am from the Czech Republic, my DH is Iraqi and we live in England... all completely different cultures)
Thanks for all your comments girls :hug:

I did wonder if the name had its origins from somewhere over there :) It makes sense now. Its defo not an English sounding name hence why it may not be popular with people. I thought it might be a Polish name. I know someone with something very similar.

Is it a known name in your home country? If so why not go with it. Nothing wrong in embracing your culture :) Plenty of people with roots overseas do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back