Bottles

TheHolster

Reaction score
Which bottles does everyone intend on using?!

Ive heard bad stories about avent and tommy tippee ones. My SIL's baby didnt get on with avent and my bf's cousins baby didnt get on with tommy tippee! CONFUUUUSING!!!!!!!!

I think that it's just trial and error.... just cause one person's baby didn't like a particular thing, doesn't mean your baby won't.
If we were all the same, it'd be boring!

I intend to use advent,I've personally had a problem wiv them but all babies r different. Dr.browns r good 4 babies wiv colic,advent good 4 usually breastfed babies cos of the slow flow teat x

I used avent with DS and have kept the bottles to use for this little one however I had a problem with the Avent teats at times and ended up using boots own brand teats for wide neck bottles which were easier with DS. Will start off with the Avent slow flow initially though and see what happens.

I used advent with my first and had no problems, ive brought the tommee tippie ones ctn as heard they are really good from going from breast feeding to bottles

I've got advent because I had no probs with them with Lacey! I did use tommy tippee with lace too but didn't like them, I can't remember why though!!

In going to use tommee tippee I think just because I know quite a few people that really rave about them. X

We're going to use tommee tippee ones no other reason than I like the look of them! Lol x

i use TT and love them, my sil uses avent and hates them! xx

I will be using Avent but each baby will choose their own make. lol! We buy all these bottles and then the little scamps will go all divaish on us and make us buy a different brand.

Were going to use tommee tippee ones as have heard bad things about advent ones!!

I have brought tommee tippee one, but realise i might have to change if baby doesn't like them.
I decided on these as they seem to have the most good points and advised more down this line buy people.

im going to but Tommy Tippee Close to Nature bottles!

I use TT ctn bottles purely because there was a bit set with bottles and steriliser in on offer :)

Im finding it all fab though!

I use TT ctn bottles purely because there was a bit set with bottles and steriliser in on offer :)

i've done the same!! although as my little man was 6 weeks early and in special care, he couldn't use these. he got too tired trying to get the milk out as the teat is slightly thicker. was advised to go and buy the cheapest latex teated ones from tesco at 75p each - and that is all he will use at the mo. still sterilising them in the tt thing but they have been a god send for very little cost... i'll try him with the tt ones when he is a few weeks older and built himself up a bit xx

I used Avent with Brandon and loved it (he was very fussy choosing a bottle he liked) so intend to do the same this time. Will have to see what the baby likes though...

I intend to use advent,I've personally had a problem wiv them but all babies r different. Dr.browns r good 4 babies wiv colic,advent good 4 usually breastfed babies cos of the slow flow teat x

I don't want to sound negative but the Avent doens't have a slow flow at all. My boy who is now 13months still drinks with the newborn teat because the fast flow with the Avent bottles. If he drink drinks with the age appropriate he drinks 7 oz in 2 minutes. Also the Avent bottles don't look at all like a mothers breast and they definetely contribute to nipple confusion (if using them from an early age).

besides from that they are fine (in my opinion). But I would say if breastfeeding is your goal don't use these.

I have used avent with all 3 of my kids. Over the 8 years 3 different designs have come out and they all leak ........ but only if you don't screw the teat on right. There is a knack to it. When you screw the teat on listen for a squeak or feel for a little blast of air, then you have a good seal and they won't leak xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back