Bottle teat sizes

HopesDreams

Reaction score
I know its a while yet before i need to think about it, but i've been using the size 1 closer to nature tommee tippee bottles. when O gets bigger what teat do i move up to & when? i tried looking on the website & couldn't make much sense.

I moved up to size 2 when he was about 3 months. I use doctor browns and it says ages on the packets, I'm assuming tommee tippee are the same?
I changed when bottles started to take ages as he was sucking really hard and not much coming out!!

We also use the TT bottles and found she was falling asleep on the bottle a lot then waking and wanting feeding again 10-30 mins later. We moved to the variflow teats and after a couple of days of coughing and spluttering have never looked back! Xx

They recommend 2s about 3 months and 3s at 6 months but depends on the baby, h was lazy and didnt want to work for his milk so he always had a faster teat than he probably needed, they will choke and splutter if its too fast!
Xxx

I wouldn't really go by age - if baby is fine with the teat they are using, then no need to change. But if LO is getting too tired and falling asleep on the bottle, or sucking too hard that the teat is collapsing - it's time to change.

My LO was on size 2 teats at about 3 days old as recommended by the midwife, as he was falling asleep on his bottle and not taking enough. We moved to size 3 at about 4-ish months. (I would have used vari-flow but MAM don't do them!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back