Bottle Feeding Question :)

Discussion in 'Feeding & Nutrition' started by Jaxx01, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Jaxx01

Jaxx01 Well-Known Member

Hey ladies

My beautiful boy is coming up to 4 weeks old :)

Basically, the last few feeds he seems to be sucking the bottle like a dummy and not the slow suck that actually gets the milk out :( he has been shouting at me because hes hungry but he's just nto sucking right.

I have been using the no 1 flow teats for tommee tippee.

I have literally just tried a tommee tippee variflow teat and he finished the bottle so quick lol

My question is, shall I just do away with the number 1's?? At what age did your LO go to number 2?? Surely at 4 weeks it cant be that the no 1 is too slow flow?? xx

2. flexilexi394

flexilexi394 Well-Known Member

I guess as he got it so easy with the variflow I would stick with them :) keeps lo happy :) x

3. ft90

ft90 Well-Known Member

I'd stick with the variflow if that's okay for him! We've just moved Caleb to number 2 ones.

Does he have a dummy? Because maybe the time when he's been sucking the bottle like a dummy he was just sucking for comfort. Caleb used to do that so we've been giving him a dummy and he loves it! He'll suck it when he wants comfort and he'll spit it out when he's actually hungry so we know the difference xx

4. Constantstar

Constantstar Well-Known Member

I think with avent which I use, there's a new born teat and then a 1+ month teat too. X

5. misscrazycooki

misscrazycooki Well-Known Member

move him up a teat size I personally never used the age ranges on them as each baby is different x

6. JJ Mum

JJ Mum Well-Known Member

ooh that sounds better - I'd stick with the variflow or number 2 ones, just watch incase he gets too windy drinking so fast