Question on bottle teats

puddlecat

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im new here so first of all would like to say hello to everyone :wave: Second of all I have a question regarding bottle feeding which I hope you can help with. My daughter is just over 12 weeks old now and we are using the Tommee Tippee closer to nature bottles with the number 1 teat. However, I want to replace the teats but don't know whether we should be moving onto the number 2, medium flow teats or whether its ok to stick with the number 1 teats. Also, should I be replacing the bottles as well or is it ok just to change the teats?

This is my first baby and everything is soooo confusing!

Thanks for any advice you can give :D

Is she getting bored/falling alseep half way thru a bottle or not finishing it!?

This is offten a sign that they are not getting milk fast enough. You can buy size two teats in packs from like the supermarket... thats all you need to get, no need to replace the bottles unless they are damaged.

You will need size two teats at some point, even if not now, mabey buy some and try her, if milk goes everywhere and she chokes, then try again in two weeks time, its clear shes not ready now!!

Hi - hope you and bab are well :hug: :hug: :wave:

they say generally no. 2 teats at about 3 months, no.3 teats about 6 months. I think Emms went onto no.2 teats at about 12 weeks. You could see if your bab does better on no.2 teats. If it causes spluttering and doesnt seem to work then go back to no.1 teats and persevere.

Hope it helps :hug:

'I want to replace the teats but don't know whether we should be moving onto the number 2, medium flow teats or whether its ok to stick with the number 1 teats. Also, should I be replacing the bottles as well or is it ok just to change the teats?'

If it seems to be working, I wouldnt change yet, unless you think bab isnt getting milk at a good rate. TBH I havent replaced bottles only teats as the bottles seem to be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back