Booking in appt tomorrow

scones

Reaction score
Got my MW appointment tomorrow, im 8 weeks right now, I cant wait to ask her how to combat the tiredness and nausea, Im sure Im low on iron as Im a vegetarian, but the blood tests will tell me for sure. They said the appointment would take about an hour.Will she use a doppler does anyone think? Also is this when she will refer me to the hospital for my 12 wk scan?

Hi your booking appointment is just to ask questions, midwife to take your BP, height weight etc. They dont tend to try listening for baby untill 16 weeks and also bloods are normally taken at your 16 week appointment. If you think your low on iron you should see Dr. She should send off for your 12 week scan which you should recieve in the post.

At my booking appointment (i was about 9 weeks) the midwife did all the questions on medical history for me and other half, height, weight, blood pressure. She also tested my wee to see if there was any infection as this is more common in pregnancy and they tend to do this at each appointment so don't go just before!! Midwife also took bloods to test for blood type, rhesus factor, rubella inmunity, iron levels and also if you consent they test for HIV, syphilis and hepatitis B.

However i didn't get the reulsts until my next appointment with midwife at 16 weeks. Although mine were all fine so if you were really low on iron for example maybe they'd give you a call? Mention to your midwife though and she might make sure she gets that test result back to you sooner.

Tests for downs syndrome vary, in my area you have a test on your 12 week scan and bloods the same day, some people have bloods taken around 16 weeks.

My 12 week scan i had to book myself 1 week after my booking appointment once notes would ahve arrived at hospital after booking appointment. Some poeple's midwives or GP's make the appointments for you and you get a letter in the post. Just ask how they do it all where you are as it does vary in different areas.

Well Im back and I have a really dead arm-its killing-she took 4 tubes of blood and wow it hurt!!!!

Basically she filled out the notes that I hadnt filled out, took info about my previous preg, as I had a 9lb10oz baby 7 yrs ago she wants to get me checked for gestational diabetes, as he was so large and Im only small!

She was really nice, said my blood pressure was low, and to up my iron intake, eat apricots and drink orange juice for the vit C. She has sent off 12 wk scan referal and said when I get the date to book in another MW appointment.

Alls good!

Fantastic thats really good news Scones! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back