Booking In Appointment *Update help!*

Tracey M

Reaction score
Morning :wave:

My midwife left me a message wanting me to come for my booking in appointment tomorrow morning at 9am woo hoo! I've already got my handheld notes from GP so it suddenly feels like it might be real after all....

4 weeks or more to go for my scan though - I presume that will be end February - seems like an age away!!

Last edited:
:) it does feel more real after seeing midwife... while i was at my midwife appointment she booked me in for my 1st set of bloods, and had them 4 days later! ive only got 2 weeks left till me scan... sooo excited! xx

It felt so real for us as well when we had our Midwife appointment and she gave me my notes, Emma's Diary, Bounty Pack and took my bloods and talked about hosptials etc and now we've had the letter for our scan thats made it feel even more real.

Enjoy your appointment x

ooohhhh exciting....... If only I did not feel so sick

Oooh how exciting, I can't wait. I feel like I've got aaaaaaaggggges to wait, I am THE most impatient person on the planet xxxx

I'm with you on the sickness Tracey, bleughhhhh x

i can not wait for my first midwife appointment! aha
even though im dreading the bloods; im such a baby when it comes to needles it took them an hour and a half to take them when they thought i was ectopic
so im DREADING it
but it does make the whole thing so much more realer !

Teen mum, why dont you get some emla cream from the pharmacy and apply that an hour before your bloods (or get the midwife to put it on for you when you arrive). I promise you that you will not feel a single thing with that on. We use it at the hospital all the time xx

Good advice Cosmicgirl !! I dont have a fear of needles but must be horrid if you do...

It really helps for people who are phobic. As you cannot feel a thing, you can look away and if you tell them not to tell you they are doing it, you wouldn't even know it has been done. You will be confident for the next one then xx

wohooo!! how exciting! i want anotherone allready but OH says 1 is enough and we are never having anotherone :(
Soon it will be the scan girl! woho!

Morning :wave:

My midwife left me a message wanting me to come for my booking in appointment tomorrow morning at 9am woo hoo! I've already got my handheld notes from GP so it suddenly feels like it might be real after all....

4 weeks or more to go for my scan though - I presume that will be end February - seems like an age away!!

It will soon come around! I remember feeling like that. Thinking everything was miles off.

I am having my first scan on Wednesday. It has felt like it has taken forever and a day to come around. But finally it is nearly here.

I want a scan!!! NOW!!!!!!! hehe soo impatient, maybe I'll take up knitting to take my mind of things :)

I want a scan!!! NOW!!!!!!! hehe soo impatient, maybe I'll take up knitting to take my mind of things :)

Hehe. It is very frustrating to wait, and you see and hear about everyone else going for theres. But your time will come. Won't be far off! :)

Last pegnancy I found out at about 6 weeks so did not take so long. This time was 3 weeks 4 days....ho hum.....

Well - just back from appointment and my midwife is lovely!! Even better news she told me my scan date is 3rd February!! I'll only be 9wks 5 days. I asked why early and she said thats just how they do it here!

Bad news - my hospital does not do epidural and last labour was 36 hours, last of which 8 hours were spent on epidural... I now have to decide to change hospitals from one that is just half hour away (one on one midwife) to one an hour and half away....eek what do I do??

Do what you're comfortable with. Arrange a tour of the one further away and the one closest and see how you feel. If you would feel better knowing that an epidural is availible then maybe travel further x

ooo great that you got your scan date!! 2 weeks tomorrow! :) you can join Me and Rachaellouise in our 2ww for scans!!

i dont know what you should do but i agree you should do whatever you feel confortable.. i never had a epidural with brooke as was already 10cm by the time i got to hospital..Good Times!!! so dont know how good they are!!

Glad your midwife is lovely xxxx

I gave birth to my son in the other hospital so I know what its like. Maybe I should have both hospitals on stand by? Oh this is doing my head in!! The nearest hospital will be fine as long as quick labour but if its anything like last time...... I feel like crying I'm just so upset about it. I also have to think of my boys coming to see us in hospital - if its the other hospital will be a nightmare cos so far away. Anyone out there who has had a nightmare labour before will know exactly where I'm coming from! Last time I was actually on notes for no epidural but as I was in so much pain for so long, they called the anesthatist who took over and just bloody did it! It was like night and day - what a relief!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back