Booking appointment

SeonaidMac

Reaction score
Well I’ve just had a call from my midwife my booking appointment is Monday 26th March at 9am I could’ve had tomorrow at 1pm but don’t think my work would’ve appreciated the late notice... but I’m not sure what to expect at all from this can anyone enlighten me please?

Got mine this thursday so can't help you with that, but think it might be a health MOT and doing blood tests and giving you general advice about how your care will be. Good luck.

From what I hear they'll do height / weight / BP / blood tests / urine samples and got through all your family history.

I've got mine on 30th March but have to go to my actual hospital

xxxxxxxxx

So do I hun i have to go to the hospital too.... xx

Hi, As Carnat says they'll do your height, weight etc and then get you to fill forms in with your details, NOK etc. They'll probably talk to you about where you want to give birth and take pee and blood samples. Should be fairly straight forward.

I'm still waiting for my appointment, apparently the Midwife has written to me with an appointment. Only problem I have is I only get post delivered once a week at the moment. So hope the letter doesn't come too late!

Last edited:
at mine, it was height, weight, family history, my history and booking my scan x

Southports bloody stupid for apps. My booking app is in 3 weeks, my scans are done at southport general( taxi job) and too give birth i have to go to ormskirk) miles away) so my baby's birth certificate wont say place of birth southport which is bloody annoying. So in all 3 different places during this pregnancy !!!!

Southports bloody stupid for apps. My booking app is in 3 weeks, my scans are done at southport general( taxi job) and too give birth i have to go to ormskirk) miles away) so my baby's birth certificate wont say place of birth southport which is bloody annoying. So in all 3 different places during this pregnancy !!!!

That's crazy.... I'm having to go to the hospital because there's only 1 midwife where i live and she's over stretched so not having appointment at the local surgery but i'm going to make sure all the rest are i'm not driving all the way to the hospital everytime...

Got my scan appointment 1st May....

my midwife app is not till .... wait for it... friday the 13th of may !!!! wonder why its so late compared to yours seonaid ??

sod it im havin a home birth lol- its bloody easier x

Hahaha.... i think because i live in geriatricsville.... more people over 60 round here so births are a rarity haha... but tbh i'm not sure i was surprised it was so quick even more surprised to get the letter on Saturday with my scan date... xx

i guess it also depends on how booked up they are, southport seems to have had a baby boom- ive seen loads of women with bumps over the past few weeks, im thinking of getting a new app though - fr 13 th ?? not good !!!!

My booking in appointment isn't until 12th April was the week before but I've had tochange it. I was just told to bring my pack with my that I got at the surgery. Is anyone taking OH's with them? If its only a booking in there isn't much need for them to come? :/

My booking in appointment isn't until 12th April was the week before but I've had tochange it. I was just told to bring my pack with my that I got at the surgery. Is anyone taking OH's with them? If its only a booking in there isn't much need for them to come? :/

I wasn't going to bother taking OH to booking appointment. He'd have to take a whole day off work unpaid :shock: :shock:

xxxxxxxxx

Fair enough, my appoitment isn't until 7pm! Which I thought was a bit late, the MW will come out to get me and I'll be sprawled out asleep in the waiting room! lol
I'm not going to take MR W I'm sure he won't mind :)

im taking my OH only because they ask a lot about family illness etc and ive enough to remember with all my lot without remembering his lol x

Well all went well today. Weight/height/urine sample/bloods and BP all taken.. BP was sky high to start with but part of that was due to some idiot nearly driving into me on the way
Family history etc... I managed without the OH because tbh he probably remembers less of his family stuff that I do... hahaha
Everything else was fine I’m going to be consultant led because of my blood disorder, so I’ve got an appointment with him at 16wks he may or may not want to see me again before the birth. I guess it depends on my blood results.
My blood disorder means that if my platelets are too low I could have complications during labour ie I can bleed out. So they need to monitor them incase I need to be on steroids for a month or so. However, it also means I can’t have pain relief... so I’m thinking I need to read up on Natal meditation...
Next stop 12 week scan on 1st May J

so pleased all went well, hopefully you wont have too many complications, gonna find out when my scan is today, maybe we will have it the same day lol xxx

Glad to hear it went OK hun! It muct be reassuring for you to know that you are going to get consultant care and be properly looked after?

Also there is plenty out there with regards to meditation as a labour technique!

Just out of interest my OH is not coming with me to my booking appointment, what sort of things do they ask that OH would need to answer?

One last thing - how long did it take?

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111