BOOKING IN APPOINTMENT.................

-lisa-

Reaction score
Hi.........have got my booking in appointment on Friday and am wanting the midwife to listen for heartbeat for me. I was just wondering if anybody else managed to get this as well as the normal booking stuff.....or do you think i'll be told to wait until another day? :?

Hi

Midwifes usually don't attempt to listen to the heartbeat until at least 16 weeks or so as it can be quite difficult for them to locate as the uterus doesn't usually appear above the pubic bone until around 12 weeks so don't be too dissapointed if you have to wait a while. You should get to see (and hear) heartbeat at your dating ultrasound.

Ditto what has been said. Most MW's won't attempt to listen before 16 weeks. There are sensible reasons for this as it can often be difficult to locate earlier on and can often cause stress adn upset if not detected :) I'd do yourself a favour and hold off till she offers later on.

Mine never made any effort to listen till 16 weeks and I've never bothered since when going to see her. Past then you can start to feel movements so don't need to hear heartbeat.

And you'll hear it at your dating scan, much better to wait till then IMHO.

I did have a scan Monday before last and saw heartbeat but was told that I 'wasnt out of the woods yet' and needed to come back so that they could check on an area where ive been bleeding from and that it could have just absorbed into my system by that time....but had bad pain and flooding on Saturday (it was heavy but almost black so hopefully its old and coming from the same area)....so this was just another option to maybe settle my mind......otherwise it means waiting for the scan.....i'll ask anyway just in case........thanks for replies :)

my midwife as checked my babies heartbeat from day 1 at 14 weeks.

Booking in appt too a while but loads of books n good info received. x

my MW didn't listen until my appt at 15wks +6

:hug: Don't worry too much

You get a great pack at your booking in appt though- full of goodies! :cheer:

I have got a scan booked for a week on Tuesday but really dont think I can wait that long.......flooded last night with no warning (no pain, very dark brown but couldnt have been any heavier!) and feel like I really need to know whats going on so will have to ring on Monday to see if they can squeeze me in any sooner.........its been going on for 5 weeks now :pray: and its starting to drive me a nuts.....I hope they can

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back