Booked in for ECV....

munchkin1982

Reaction score
So, some of you will already know from my facebook that I am booked in on weds for an ECV :-(

I'm sooooooooo nervous!

We have three complications going on at the moment which is why it's been decided that an ECV is the best option...

1. She is constantly breech
2. I have TOO MUCH amniotic fluid (causing her to keep turning and not engage)
3. According to the hospital doctor we have a "monster" of a baby as I've been measuring more than full term for the past fortnight!

I was just wondering whether any of you had a similar experience at all and whether it worked? Only my MW seems to think that due to the excess fluid that it won't cos she will still continue to turn?

Not only that, but if the placenta comes away during the ECV then I will have to have a c section there and then. If she doesn't stay engaged, then I have to have a c section next week :-(

Really didn't want this :-( xx

Sorry hun, haven't got any experience with this but didn't want to read and run!!
There's got to be a chance that the ECV will work otherwise they wouldn't be doing it, but if you've got to have a c section next week anyway it doesn't give you a lot of time for a natural labour!
I guess all you can think is at least you will be holding your baby before your due date :)

Yeah, the doctor said that in normal circumstances (ie normal amount of fluid) there is a 40% chance of ECV working but they want to give it a go to try and avoid c section based on baby being breech and big etc. It's more of a case of they'd like to try and hope it works otherwise i could end up having an emergency c section if i go to full term and she is still breech etc and they don't want that.

Hope my waffle makes sense! But yeah, it will be great to be holding her before my due date but at the same time, it's not the ending I wanted :-( xx

no experience hun just wanted to wish u all the best x

ECV - it's the medical term for an "assisted turn" they will basically drug me up to relax uterus and then manipulate baby into position... xx

No experience hon but hoping it works for u - good luck x x x

wow :S what I might have to look forward to, I'm being induced at 38 weeks as diabetic if he doesn't make an appearence before then x

wow :S what I might have to look forward to, I'm being induced at 38 weeks as diabetic if he doesn't make an appearence before then x

aaawww, from what i've read and been told so far they are very successful, it's just that I'm a natural worrier and with what my MW told me regarding the size of baby and the extra fluid, i'm a tad concerned. Plus, the doctor was concerned too although they would rather try it and there be a chance of it working rather than just booking me in for c section regardless.

Would just be nice to know if anyone has had a similar experience of this and that the ECV actually worked etc.... xx

i know my sister went overdue and her daughter was breech and wouldnt move when they tried she ended up having a c sec but not had any expo on the turning part :S

I feel for you I worry so much had a panic attack today after the Jobcentre told me we werent getting paid and ring this number and that number i was like wtfs going on help me x ended up in tears x be glad when I can sign off x

aaawww, hun, i know what you mean with the jobcentre, they are a pain! Another 2-3 weeks for you now isn't it and you can sign off and go on Income Support? It is so much easier :) Hope it all works out ok xx

yeah roll on the 10th of december at least I get a peaceful christmas just waiting to know if fella wants to sign off or not lol men eh never make they mind up x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back