BLW help!

mrs_bump

Reaction score
Starting trying BLW with my LG today, she is 6 months in 2 days time and has been exclusively breastfed up until now. She sat down to lunch with me and my husband, I gave her some broccoli and some carrot sticks to start, she picked them up and gave then a lick before most of them ended up on the floor, she didn't actually eat any! I then gave her some banana which she just mushed up, again didn't eat any. Is this normal? Do I just keep going like this even if she doesn't actually eat anything? How many 'meals' should I be doing a day? Thank you for any help x

Starting trying BLW with my LG today, she is 6 months in 2 days time and has been exclusively breastfed up until now. She sat down to lunch with me and my husband, I gave her some broccoli and some carrot sticks to start, she picked them up and gave then a lick before most of them ended up on the floor, she didn't actually eat any! I then gave her some banana which she just mushed up, again didn't eat any. Is this normal? Do I just keep going like this even if she doesn't actually eat anything? How many 'meals' should I be doing a day? Thank you for any help x

I did a mixture of TW and BLW and It took my LO about 3 weeks to 'eat' any finger foods. He still squishes things between his fingers and a lot ends up in his lap! He is sucking and trying to chew now though and he's been having finger foods about 8 weeks! I think if you're exclusivey BLW you carry on bf as normal and build upto 3 meals a day x

Karate Kid and KarenC gave me some great advice on BLW and they bf too so hopefully they will be around to advise you better! X

It's perfectly normal. It takes them a wee bit of time to learn its food. At the moment what your putting down is just colourful toys.

According to the BLW books, you can offer food anytime you eat, but many people prefer to build it up gradually. Just depends what your comfortable with. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Heya! C is EBF and we have just started blw properly. C started picking thongs off our plate at five months so we started introducing fruit and veg. Now he eats whatever we eat, he doesn't swallow much but is enjoying playing with food.

It is very much exploration at this stage. Karen mentioned that Tilly is eating and swallowing slot more after a month. It's such fun and I am loving watching C enjoy his meal times xx

Hey hun. What everyone says is good advice. I started offering Tilly food to play with at around 5.5 months, but she didn't even start picking it up until two days before she turned 6 months. She put it to her mouth and started biting on it but even now, at nearly 8 months, there are days when she just pushes it around and plays with it rather than eating. That's the unfortunate thing about BLW - you never really know how much they are swallowing, but if you just let them lead the way and don't worry about it, it's great fun. Other days, she's like an unstoppable tank and can devour enormous amounts in one sitting. We are currently doing three meals a day, but started with two - breakfast and lunch.

Don't worry, she'll get the hang of it very quickly. Best thing is to put an oilcloth or something on the floor that you can keep clean, then you can pick up dropped food and re-offer it without wasting too much. Then you just wipe it up after each meal. Very time consuming, but worth it, I think. Hope this helps xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back