Bloody cat

Collette

Reaction score
Last night i was laying in the living room on the floor, on my side so i could get comfy and was watching telly... Norman, my ten year old cat (who isnt exactly a 'skinny min') was asleep on the sofa, or so i thought...next thing i know, he gets up and jumps on my stomach right where i could feel the baby. It really hurt!
Thankfully baby did move after a while which was a huge relief.

And last night when i was in bed he jumped on my stomach three times - thankfully there was a 15 tog douvet between him and my tummy, but it has made me very aware of him. In the past when i was less pregnant, he would sniff my bump and try scratching my belly, i soon pushed him off, but he still goes to bite me when i try to fuss him, even if he comes for a fuss on his own terms. I will be shutting him out of the bedroom from now on, but i dont know how to deal with him. Anyone else having problems with their pets?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I feel your pain on this score. Our dog is the same.. he keeps jumping up at me for extra cuddles etc and pays alot of attention to my growing bump... it's quite cute to be honest as he never used to bother much with me before but when he claws me for attention near to my bump I get a bit agitated with him :-( x

I think pets just know something is different!

I posted back in feb I think, and said my lovely lap cat who sleeps on my bed etc , was ignoring me, and had gone right off me, I found it quite hard as so used to being the one she goes to always. She started takign up with OH instead, he thought it was really hilarious!

Then I had a missed miscarridge at 11 plus 5!

This time, my cat is all over me the same as normal and not OH, , so I really believe there is someting in it, maybee last time I was giving off something I couldn't tell at the time, but the cat knew was not right?

Last edited:
i have three 1 year old cats (turned 1 today :D)
They all seem pretty loving toward me at the moment, Bella (the sweet looking one) always kips next to me when i'm on the sofa, and Julie wants me to carry her around the house.
Ruby seems a tad distant at times...but maybe thats because we had to have her 3 kittens terminated as she fell pregnant at 4 months old. (she escaped the house and got knocked up by a stray..the vet recommended a termination as being so young she could have died giving birth).

Oooh happy 1st birthday to my 3 lovely kitty's xxx

All my cats want to do is sit on me, and thats now when bubs kicks the most. Ithink their Mothering instincts are deffinatly coming out as one keeps licking my stomach and sleeps wil her head on it. The best thing to do is if you don't want your cat on you is to lock the door at night and when you're lying on the sofa maybe have a cusion or something to cover your bump xx

i knew it! cats are evil! i really do hate them and i think they do have evil streaks like that, so sorry if i have offended anyone but i really do think cats are not good with children or babies, and clearly not unborn ones! just watch that one ...

My cat doesn't seem to care TBH, but then he's a young male cat, probably isn't ready to settle down yet! :S The only thing that has changed with him is he used to snuggle up against my body at night so that I could cuddle up against his back.... he can't do that now as i'm too big so he snuggles my OH instead :D Typical, just at the time of year I could use a warm furry hot water bottle!!

xxx

Thanks Monkei, the cushion idea is a good one.
I must admit i am worried about baby when its born as i dont know whether or not i can trust him. He went for me again last night - its becoming a regular occurance these days.

im convinced they are a bad omen...just be careful, i really dont mean to be harsh but i really dont trust em! x

my cat is VERY cuddly and its like she dont know how to behave to get most out of the cuddles i give her and then suddenly its like its too much for her and she bite me or show her teeth.
Last few days tho its like she has warned me as before she bites me she put her little foot over my hand and if i stop stroking her she wont get angry. i think she just tells me its enough and thats fair enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back