Blood Test Worries

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
Hi all
New to this, not yet conceived, been trying for 18 months. Its my younger sis I am worried about, she is 6 weeks pregnant with her first child at 31. She is a born worrier but her late worry is an ex boyfriend was unfaithful to her many times and she is now terrified she may have caught HIV from him....no amount of reassurance from me is going to calm her and she wont to to the doctors for fear.
It is about five years since they spilt up
Has anyone else had these fears?She has had routine blood tests before her pregnancy, all been ok.
Zoe

I'm not sure if it varies from area to area, but where i live they automatically test for aids - i didnt even realise i had been tested! till i saw it in my notes!! :shock:

Can she ask her midwife if she has been tested?

L x

She hasnt had her booking in date yet for hospital, her friend told her she will be routinely tested as part of her blood tests, this is what has started her worrying!! I am going to try and get her to the docs I think to talk over her fears. Thanks for info, beautiful piccie of you bu the way!

:angel:

The poor thing. Maybe a chat with the docs will help? - not being pessimestic but they probably wouldnt be much help.

I am sure she will be fine (but everybody saying that to you - makes no difference!) :? I know this because I have had counselling and I know that when something is on your mind, you cant just 'pull yourself together' - because to you, that worry is the most important thing going on for you - no matter how awful it is.

I think just being a good friend and be there for her, to chat over it, and to maybe have a plan of what she will do whichever way the result goes.
Perhaps having a solution for either way may help whilst she is waiting.

L x

She is a born worrier, I am sure she will be fine. It will be something else next (here is me banging my head against the wall with her!! :wall: :D )

I am determined to be soooo relaxed about my pregnancy when it happens, been trying for 18 onths and had a suspected misscarriage last month, although hadnt done a test as it was very early days. News of sis pregnancy knocked me for six for a few days but now I cant WAIT to be an aunty!!! Baby due Christmas Day so should be a fantastic time for our family!!

xx

zoe c said:
She is a born worrier, I am sure she will be fine. It will be something else next (here is me banging my head against the wall with her!! :wall: :D )xx

Well, thats how most people are I think - whether or not they admit to it is another matter!!! :) - I know that is how it is with me - if I havent got anything to worry about - I would worry about that! lol

Your post made me smile how you said you determined to be relaxed about your pregnancy - it reminded me of me of how I imagined pregancy and actually having a baby would be like. It is totally different!!
Hard to explain I guess.

Well, you sound really nice and I am sure you will make a great aunty!! - in the meantime hope things also work out for you too

This is a great place to get any info or just to chat!

L x

Oh my God just done my third pregnancy test and I am PREGNANT!!!! Due two weeks after my sis. How mad!!!!!!! :dance:

WOW CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! So please for you

L x

:shock:
Unable to sleep, in a daze. This has been the most incredible day of my life so far...my partner is so pleased, my family delighted.
Wow. How mad is this :lol:

Zoe - congrats indeed - it's funny how things turn out...i am very happy for you and your family - that's great news indeed. I'm sure your sister will be fine as i'm convinced they test for HIV automatically - not 100% though. I mean this in the nicest possible way, but make sure you don't take on toooo much of your sister's stresses as you've got to think about yourself and your baby too! (I say this cos i have sisters and i'm usually the stressy one).

Hi Zoe,

I am due on exactly the same day as you!! Jan 6th. I only found out I was pregnant yesterday so I am on cloud 9. Have an appointment at the docs tomorrow to confirm everything is ok.

Along with Jaidybaby, we are all on the same journey!

Lyns xx

Hi Zoe

Congratulations that brilliant news. At least you have your sister to share the pregnancy with. I am so pleased for you. I am due 2nd January. Congratulations !!!!

She seems a lot less stressed now as she is so caught up in me finally being pregnant!!! I am still on top of the world!!!! All these lovely babies due January, how exciting!!! I am intending to enjoy every second of it all, I feel WONDERFUL at the mo, really well. Doc said my blood pressure was a tny bit high but he said it was prob down to excitement!!!!
Congrats to all you :clap: :clap: :clap: xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back