Blood Results

mrsablett

Reaction score
Can't help but worry. Had two miscarriages last year. Got my BFP last Wednesday :) I think I'm 5 weeks today.

Went to EPAU for bloods on Friday. HCG was 112 and progesterone was 122. Had bloods done again yesterday (72 hours later) and my HCG went up to 397.

I know the increase is good but is the level low for 5 weeks? The progesterone is very high which the nurse said is a good thing but It was a little vague and rushed.

Anyone out there with experience or knowledge of the numbers?

Thanks! X

Hey, i queried this when i had bloods done for suspected ectopic. she said as long as they double or more you are in good shape. i just looked up the hcg table and for 5 weeks you should be between 18-7340mlU/ml which you are.

Congratulations!

Thank you! Wish I could be more excited. So scared but trying to stay calm for my little poppy seed :)

Congrats to you too. Have you had an early scan?

I know what you mean. I had a miscarriage in May, and fell pregnant again straight away. So paranoid this time something will go wrong again.

So far I've paid for a private scan a few weeks ago as i couldn't wait till dating scan to make sure there was something growing in there. Had a scan last week due to spotting and all ok. Also got a dating scan tomorrow. When I had scan last week she said I could cancel this weeks scan if I wanted to. Yeah right!

Haha. Yeah right indeed!

How many weeks were you when you had your private early scan? Was it reassuring? Did you see much?

When will they offer a dating scan from then? I thought it was 10weeks.

Sorry for all the Qs. Appreciate your advice.

Sorry to hear you've had 2 miscarriages. I've had 2 myself and I'm petrified of something going wrong. I'm 14 weeks and everything seems to be going ok. I had a early scan at the EPU because of my miscarriages with my last one they said that they would scan me at 6 weeks xx

And it turned out I was 7 weeks. They do dating scans from 10 or 11 weeks to 13 weeks usually. I had mine at 12+5 x

I think the private scan was about 6 weeks. Yes it was very reassuring. Was just a sac with a little bean in it that had a heartbeat, but was so glad to see it. the also checked my lining and ovaries at the same time. When I miscarried in May it was due to a blighted ovum, so the sac continued to grow even though the embryo had died weeks and weeks before. So I was worried that would happen again.

My doctor requested a dating scan as I didn't have a cycle between miscarriage and conceiving again.

I think normally the first scan is at 12 weeks.

It might be worth ringing your EPU and asking if due to having 2 miscarriages they will give you a reassurance scan. At my EPU, you can self refer if you have 3 consecutive, but not sure if its the same procedure in all areas.

I'm back for blood on Friday and they said they'll scan next week dependant on the results. Wasn't sure they'd see much at 6 weeks though. Guess they wouldn't offer if they wouldn't see anything.

It's the low HCG that is really playing on my mind. Even though they more ham doubled.

You must be very excited for your scan tomorrow.

Have a search for hcg levels chart, should put your mind at ease.

More nervous for scan tomorrow. I keep going in to scans thinking the worst. I've got 2 children already. 7 and 4 and I don't remember being like this when pregnant with them.

they say dont go of other peoples mine was 320 ( i thought i was 6wks goin of last pm)then 680 then 1400 an when i had scan couldnt see nothing they thought i was only 4-5wks was so scared as dates didnt match i had another scan 2 weeks later n i was 7 weeks an all was fine heart beating away...try not to worry about bloods as long as they double then its a good sign xx

Well my pee tests are getting darker each day, so that's a comfort!

Thurs, Sat, Mon and Weds. Working downwards.

Good luck with your scan today, Toria111.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
how do i make a ticker? haha i know how to copy and paste them but how do i put my dates in? xxx

how do i make a ticker? haha i know how to copy and paste them but how do i put my dates in? xxx

Go to someone else's ticker, put in your dates and copy to your signature. Y get there by gong to quick links up the top of your page. Hope that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back