high blood pressure

Shopaholic

Reaction score
Hi girls

At the hospital last week my blood pressure was really high (140/96) and they told me to monitor it at home after a long wait for lots of tests. Even trying to be as relaxed as possible I can only get it as low at 129/88 and that's before getting out of bed in the morning. Most of the time I feel anxious and its about 140/90.

The tests last week showed I had no protein in my urine and the blood tests came back fine.

So does that mean I don't have pre-eclampsia?

I am really scared of my midwife appointment on Thursday in case they send me back to the hospital again :(

Help!

Strangely Im In The Same Situation.. The Midwife Is Coming Thursday & If Its High Again I Might Have To Go In Aswell. Last Week My BP Was 150/90 But Like You, There Is No Protein In My Urine So She Sent Another Midwife To My House To Check It The Next Day. I Worked Myself Up Really Badly & Got Severe Headaches Until I Spoke To Somebody Who Advised Me To Chill Out! I Then Spent All Day On The Sofa Not Daring To Breath and Thankfully My BP Was 120/80 By The Time The Midwife Came.

Iv Been Told To Ring The Hospital asap If I Start Getting Headaches/Flashing Lights/Sweeling etc But I Dont Have Any Of The Usual Pre-Eclampsia Symptoms Apart From The Headaches So Its Deffinately Not That At The Moment. No Protein In Your Urine Is A Very Good Sign So I Wouldnt Even Begin To Worry About Pre-Eclampsia and Make The Mistake That I Did Stressing About It!

I Would Just Relax As Best You Can, Resting Your Mind Is Most Importat So Everytime You Feel Anxious Take Slow Deep Breaths and Think Of Happy Thoughts- (Seriously).. You Need To Be Keeping Calm Hun, Like Me.. So Chill All Week and Dont Waste Time Worrying About Thursday Because You'll Make It Worse. Think Positive, I Will Be.

Fingers Crossed For Us Both, Hope Everything Works Out Ok :hug: xxx

my blood pressure keeps spiking and twice i have been sent to l/d only to be sent home, last week it went as high as 160/105 but by the time i got to hospital it had gone down to as little as 130/86 they said as long as it dosnt stay up that high they will leave me, when i went to hospital last fri to see consultant it was high again and they have put it down to my anxiety but just incase they have sent me home with tester sticks for protien in my water that i have to do twice a day, but like carly they have told me if any further smptoms like flashing lights, swelling to go straight to hospital, hope this helps :D

thanks for the advice - nice to know I am not the only one - am slowly driving myself insane here :wall: I think I might call the midwife tomorrow and let them know my blood pressure is still up - at least they might test for protein again so if everything is fine I might be able to relax a bit. Its a bit of a vicious circle - being so anxious all the time must give me high blood pressure. Grrrr!!! :)

xx

Shopaholic said:
Its a bit of a vicious circle - being so anxious all the time must give me high blood pressure.

That Is Exactly Right & The Exact Words I Said & What Both Midwives Said To Me. Just Clear Your Mind & Relax x

im in exactly the same situation 2!! a midwife comes to the house twice a week to moniter it!!! im on mat leave now aswell!!!!! rest rest rest or i will be admitted and i dont want that!!

Mine has spiked a few times too, I am testing my own BP and urine for protein - maybe you could do this too. Mine was 140/72 - which I thought was fine but my GP wasnt happy with it

ella said:
Mine has spiked a few times too, I am testing my own BP and urine for protein - maybe you could do this too. Mine was 140/72 - which I thought was fine but my GP wasnt happy with it

What Are You Using To Test Your BP? This Could Be Useful For Me Too :)

thanks girls. I took BP again this morning (like a million times) and it completely fluctuated between a fairly normal 130/87 and 150/99!!! I guess these home machines can't be too accurate.

I'm not going to call my midwife today I've decided. All that will happen is that I will be really nervous and will have high blood pressure and she'll send me back to hospital for a repeat of those blood tests.

I keep trying to remind myself that the blood tests and urine tests last Thursday would have shown up a problem if there was one and I don't have any severe headaches or swelling.

I need to take your advice and chill out!!!

Maybe its just the coming due date which is making me so anxious!!! (Thursday!)

thanks again xxx

xCarly said:
ella said:

What Are You Using To Test Your BP? This Could Be Useful For Me Too :)

I 'borrowed' a BP monitor from work, I know you can buy them cheap now too, and you can ask your GP/midwife to check that it is accurate against a manual one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back