Blood clotting disorder

My belly is soooooooooo bruised and i have months of this left!! mine end up with big hard lumps underneath where i have to inject into the same section so much, not good!
Clare I'm surprised they dont have you on asprin at least?
Amy do you have your results back yet? i remember years ago when i had the test they took ages but not sure if they are any quicker these days!
I'm suprised how many people have this condition...more common than you think isn't it! xx

Nope- no asprin or clexane (I will inject post partum!) I saw the haematologist at about 14 or so weeks (I think?!) and he said it wasn't necessary, and my consultant agreed! I've had two extra scans to check blood flow in the placenta/umbilical cord, but that it for my Factor V. It's so bizarre that it's so different :s
I assumed I would be injecting to be honest, I do when I fly...and was always told I would have to during pregnancy!!

Hi girls, I'm not pregnant yet but hoping to be again soon. I've had 3 early miscarriages caused by a clotting problem, was actually passing massive clots up to about 8 or 9 weeks that it pulled the sac away and I lost my babies. I've since been tested and have anti thrombin 3 deficiency. I also have some homozygous genetic mutation which dr thinks could be affecting things too. She said I've to go see her as soon as I get bfp and we'll treat the pregnancy different this time. I'm currently taking high dose folic acid and baby aspirin. Slightly worried about having to inject every day, from what I've read online I think that'll be the outcome.

Hope all going well with your pregnancies xxx

Cosmogirl - fingers crossed for you. Have you ever thought about acupuncture it is all to do with blood flow, I don't have the same issues as you but I have to say it has been wonderful for me.

Ah thanks toffeegirl I'll take a look into that, never considered it before xxx

Hey ladies- quick question: I have MTHFR and Factor V Leiden, as it's hereditary have any of you discussed Vit K in newborns? Whether if the baby has it too and Vit k is to aid clotting this may cause an issue? I'm now 38weeks, my consultant has not had me on ANYTHING during my pregnancy (but will have clexane postpartum for 6weeks!) any ideas or thoughts? Cxxx

Hi Claire, I'm sure it's a MTHFR genetic problem that I have and dr told me I'll need to take high dose folic acid for the rest of my life. She's not mentioned anything about Vitamin K but I'm seeing her tomoz as I'm now pregnant again so will ask her. I'm praying I don't have any clots or bleeding problems this time around, don't think I could cope with a 4th miscarriage Xxx

Congratulations!! I will keep everything crossed for you- I really will.
I was told I would have to take folic acid and asprin from about 40 years old...but nothing before.
The vitamin k would be for baby, it's given routinely at birth as newborns tend to have low levels which can lead to a spontaneous bleed on a rare occasion. I just worry it would be too much clotting factors- possibly having factor V, high levels of oestrogen as all newborn have plus an injection.... There is so little information I can find :(

Last edited:
Hello not sure if anyone still watching this threat but I have factor V hetero version no prior clots just 3 early losses this them I'm on tinzaparin jabs and baby aspirin fingers crossed X there is also a factor V Leiden and pregnancy Facebook page if anyone fancies joining it's very informative X

I'm not pregnant yet, but I found this while seeing if anyone else had Factor V Leiden. It's crazy, I thought I was the only one who had this disorder! I am hetero, so I only got the gene from one parent, which I guess is better than homo. Homozygous is from both parents and it's a little more dangerous. My hematologist said I don't need to worry about anything or do anything until I have my first blood clot or miscarriage. Sounds exciting, haha. I am taking baby aspirin everyday just in case. I don't want to wait for something to happen! I want to prevent it from happening!

Yeah I have had three early losses. I had a child though before I knew so there is chance of having one with no meds I am now on tinzaparin injections and aspirin. The injections are no fun at all. Currently waiting for hub to come home and inject me X :-( and I'm not even convinced it's working as I have on/off cramps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back