blood clot

gooseberry

Reaction score
hi everybody newbie here, just wondering if anyone on the forum has any experience of a blood clot? after reading some info on the internet im feeling quite worried about it :-(

Hey hun my best friend is pregnant and she has a PE. She can take a certain blood thinner that doesn't cross placenta and is under consultant care. She is doing well. :)

Sorry didn't want to read and run. I don't have any experience of this myself. May be worth posting in the main pregnancy section where you'll get more people with more experience.

How are you doing? Let us know what they are doing for you.

I had a blood clot just under my placenta which bled at 5 weeks and again at 6+3 and didn't stop until I was about 11 weeks. It was visible at my 12 week scan but I had no further bleeding.
I had weekly or fortnightly scans till I was 17 weeks. I was never told whether the clot was absorbed but can only assume it was.

To try to help you stop worrying, I gave birth to my beautiful boy 11 days ago so just make sure you follow doctors orders and rest and relax.

thanks roo3 thats cheered me up loads, mine is also under the placenta, its half the size of bubba, im so happy to hear it didnt cause you or your little one any problems xx

I had a clot last pregnancy but in my leg... i have to have twice daily injections now to make my blood thinner! pain in the arse!

thanks roo3 thats cheered me up loads, mine is also under the placenta, its half the size of bubba, im so happy to hear it didnt cause you or your little one any problems xx

the scans i had were reassurance scans too so there wasn't really any medical reason for having them, my consultant was just really nice and let me come back time and time again to try and stop me worrying!
I assume you've already had a scan? How far along are you?

Look at it this way, you might be lucky enough to get extra scans throughout your pregnancy.
I worked out that I had 14 scans on the NHS during my pregnancy as I had all the scans up to 17 weeks for the blood clot, then my 12 and 20 week scans, then from 25 weeks I was having growth scans every week or 2!! Although it was worrying, it was lovely to see my little one every week or 2.

thanks roo, its a strange mix of worry and excitement to be pregnant , think i just got very big fright, honestly feel a whole lot better hearing your story xx

I found being pregnant the most stressful but brilliant time of my life!

Glad I could help. You're welcome to PM me anytime if you want to chat about it. Let me know how you're getting on and good luck for your scan at 14 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back