should i be worried? any 1 had the same

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by nicole86, Dec 28, 2007.

1. nicole86

nicole86 Member

hi everyone, i havnt been on here for a while as ive been away but got bak yesterday.

sorry if its tmi bt lasnite i wiped and was shocked to see quite dark red blood. there was also wat seemed to be a small clot of tissue. i got realy worried and i rang nhs direct and the nurse said that unless i am in pain or there is flowing blood theni shouldnt go to gp or a and e.
    Its still there this mornin but probably more brown now.
    Has anyone else experienced this, im over ten weeks now.
    im not in pain bt get litlle twinges.

:oops: xxx

2. sarafet

sarafet Well-Known Member

hi hun,

i haven't experienced this but i think if there's no extreme pains you should be ok. the brown blood will be older blood just washing itself out today.

if it happens again give your EPU a call and ask to see someone, they may do an early scan for you. or to put your mind at rest, phone your midwife for reassurance :hug:

xxx

3. ella

ella Well-Known Member

I had bleeding in early pregnancy and it turned out to be nothing, if you are concerned though tell your GP or EPU and you should get a scan to put your mind at rest :hug:

4. Krystal

Krystal Well-Known Member

I think you should be fine, I had bleeding throughout my pregnancy. Had you had sex or anything like that? as sometimes that can make you bleed cos of the extra blod flow etc.

If you are resus negative then I would suggest you call you midwife straight away as you will need a shot of anti d.

If your not then I would maybe call her anyway to put your mind at rest, they may give you an earlier scan date to check things out, that is what happened with me.

:hug: :hug:

5. LucyBee

LucyBee Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's fine but if I were you, I'd go down to my EPU and see them to get some reassurance. Lucyx