blood and pains- false contractions??

GBLiz

Reaction score
ok so now my plug-loss is not so much jelly, its more like blood, not bright red but like towards end of period . Still not a lot of it, not enough to need pads or anything so im not too concerned about that part

anyway since i got home this afternoon i have been really uncomfortable, couldnt find a comfortable position, random bodyparts hurting... i thought it was so much of a coincidence it was probably psychosomatic - i.e now im home i can be useless i dont have to be holding everything together....

but im getting pains i havent had before and i dont think its in my head! i timed them and its about every 8 minutes i get a build up like a bad period pain all focussed right down low in stomach and also a bit of pressure in bum, it stays maybe 15-30 seconds and wears off again. Its not like the BH i was getting cos that was all across my bump whereas this is all low down.

its not REALLy painful but it hurts enough to stop me falling asleep hence why im here now :x

if i get up they dont come as regular, it seems to skip one, so im thinking must be practise contractions because real ones arent affected by moving about are they?

i would really rather lie down and go to sleep but i cant if it keeps these pains coming :wall:

and you lot are all asleep!!! :evil:

sounds familiar to me. I was like that for 4 days then had Luke. I'd get the bleeding checked tho xxx

Maybe your body getting ready for bubs to come, :hug:

im pretty sure its not new blood...do you really think i need to check it?

my mw is on holiday til monday and i dont have any alternative number. :think: the antenatal clinic at the hospital only does part time hours too and my gp surgery would be shut on a sunday too :wall:

Try NHS direct babe, 0845 4647

Is probably nothing to worry about but they can put your mind at ease if nothing else :hug:

i still havent been able to sleep, everytime i start to doze off i get another pain :x

im just gonna talk to myself for a bit cos i dont know what else to do with myself:? ive been looking up the difference between false and true labour and mine doesnt seem to fall neatly into one or the other

like the contractions are only lasting about 30 secs (false labour) but they are accompanied by bloody show (true labour) : now they are not easing off if i move about or lie down (true labour) but all the pain is in the front rather than coming from the back (false labour) they seem to be getting stronger (true labour) but thats probably just cos i've been up all night!

i guess i just gotta ride it out and see if it stops. :? :?

one thing- it REALLy hurts to move when im having a 'contraction' i dont know if that means anything

in fact its hurting to move most of the time aqnd the baby is wriggling really low which is really uncomfortable

Do as I am doing (I'm getting bossy now!) get up that hospital for a check up, in fact come to my hospital (lou knows where it is! ;) ) we can be room buddies :D

i aint going to no hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if it feels like things start moving i'll track down a mw number. im not sure at what point to call if you're planning homebirth :think: the contractions arent getting steadily closer , they seem to have stayed pretty much the same time-wise all night

whatever it is is really getting annoying now :evil: :evil: :evil: its like every few minutes but im sure it cant be proper contractions cos its only in my lower stomach not my back at all

My HB MW said to call whenever but that I could leave it as long as I wanted and felt comfortable for. She'd talk to me over the phone and come out if I wanted her to so she could talk to me face to face. She would not do any investigating unless there really was a need as such, otherwise she'd prefer to leave things alone. She would go away again then till further on in labour so long as I was happy with that (as it can take ages), but would be on call etc still for me.

Once I decide I'm in established labour and ask her to come out, she will and then stay till LO is here.

Def sounds like the start of things :cheer: :cheer:

Hope you can manage to get some rest, you've been up all night and need to get some energy :hug: :hug:

I am not sure, I have had similar symptoms this weekend, but no loss of plug/bleeding. I thought mine was false labour...but it maybe different for you because of your show.
Hope it is the start for you!! :cheer:

I think you should mention the bleeding to your midwife. I hope this is it! Good luck! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back