contractions/braxton hicks

mummytoBee

Reaction score
what do they actually feel like, im not sure if i have felt any braxton hicks? i dont know what to expect..its my first lol, i thought i knew everything, all i do is research but it turns out im clueless! do they feel like period pains?

My Braxton Hicks are where my tummy goes rock hard and it is really uncomfortable, also feels like I can't breathe, as if your bra is too tight feeling. they dont 'hurt' as such although I did read somewhere that they may start to become painful.

I'm not sure if I've had them either but here's what I've experienced:-

tightening of the tummy muscles
feeling of breathlessness
heavy leg/hip feeling

i dont think i'v felt them yet, but i read that first time mummys often dont kno theyre having them. but i asked my MW and she said u dont get them til 37 weeks!

I asked my mw today and she said i'd been having them. i described my lower tummy sqeezing for a second, doesnt hurt, just uncomfortable

but i asked my MW and she said u dont get them til 37 weeks!

I found this regarding Braxton Hicks:

When do Braxton Hicks Contractions Begin?
Typically, you should start experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions around your 28th week. This being said, early Braxton Hicks contractions can start during the second month in some women. You may find that you don’t even feel these contractions the first few times that they happen. If you were pregnant before, you may find that this time around your Braxton Hicks contractions are actually much stronger.

Braxton Hicks contractions really begin to come on in the third trimester. They also tend to get more intense the closer you draw to your due date.

How do Braxton Hicks Contractions Feel?
Braxton Hicks contractions feel differently for each woman. Some find that they are not bothered by these contractions, while others feel very uncomfortable. Typically, Braxton Hicks contractions are described as causing more discomfort than pain. Frequent Braxton Hicks contractions can also be uncomfortable, but not painful. However, strong Braxton Hicks contractions can occur as you approach the end of the third trimester.

When you feel a Braxton Hicks contraction coming on, place your hand on your lower abdomen. Your stomach should feel rigid and hard because of the muscles that are tightening in your uterus. This should only last for a few minutes. You may feel some pain or discomfort in the center of your belly, which then radiates downwards.

i know mine... i might have about three for the whole day..

my tummy just gets rock hard and they do king of take my breath away... but they are not painful..

i didn't notice i was having them for along time

:hug:

They feel like there's a balloon in your tummy and someone's blowing it up, and it gets to a point where you feel you will burst, but if you move around or simply breath deeply through it, it slowly deflates, thats how I describe mine, I find them comforting and exciting, my body's getting ready :cheer:

Hi

I feel mine they dont hurt but are very uncomfy and very noticable. Never remembered feeling them with my first pregnancy though .
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back