Blocked up nose

roxanne

Reaction score
Since Reuben was born he's had a blocked nose, in the mornings it's really blocked till he sneezes then thick green mucus (sorry TMI) comes out.. sometimes its pink like his nose has been bleeding :? I told my doctor at 6 week check and he just said its nothing to worry about and gave me some saline drops for before feeding. Was just wondering if anyone else had this and if they grow out of it?! I feel bad coz he struggles to feed sometimes because its so blocked :(

Macey also wakes up with a blocked nose and sometimes in the night i can hear her being snuffly so i will suck it out using a little nasal aspirator, they are great for removing bogies too! I also have her head end of the cot raised slightly which helps her a little

Yeah, we are also using nasal aspirator..it's great. Also I put one drop of Eucalyptus oil on the corner of his pillow. It makes it easier for him to breathe.

Rubbing a very small amount of vaseline on the bridge of his nose, keep rubbing gently until it warm, this helps loosen the 'snot'. Also steam helps, try sitting with him for a few minutes in the bathroom after running a hot bath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back